Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mid Rise Scissor Lift, Anyone have one by Atlas?
PlantMan
post Nov 27 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,352
Region Association: Southern California

Public Service Announcement to ALL!!!!!!!!!

Cutting into your garage slab is a great idea in most situations to make room from your lifts (i.e. older home). However, in certain parts of the country many newer homes, within 10-15 years, are built on Post Tension Slab foundation to eliminate movement and cracking. You will find these types of slabs mainly where seismic considerations must be taken into consideration. If you saw into a Post Tension Slab and cut a cable it could very dangerous (like death) if the cable comes out of the slab during the process. Know what you are doing if you have a newer home and check with someone who if familiar with home construction in your area.
Other than that.....I too have thought about the idea and it makes perfect sense to me!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 06:07 PM