Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much space, idf manifold to engine lid
Randal
post Apr 21 2005, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Hope Jake, Nathan or Mueller read this as I need to know the amount of space between the IDF manifold, like the ones from CB Performance, where it bolts to the head, up to the trunk lid.

To keep everything consistent let's say from the outside of the IDF manifold where it bolts to the head.

Thanks in advance.

Also a heads up. TWM 45mm throttle bodies do have the same (base) bolt pattern as a Weber 44mm carb. They do not have the same top bolt pattern, so the CB Performance air filter plate has to be modified.

Also to get the base plate to clear the fuel rail a 40mm spacer (more torque?) has to be added, but they didn't mention this when I first talked with tTWM.

Haven't tried as yet to hook up the CB linkage, to make sure it works with the TWM TB, but that's next. The linkage has to move the TB lever down, but I wonder if the Weber carb levers actually move the opposite?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Apr 21 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I could try and measure that for you tonight, I run weber 40's with K&Ns and a rain tray, never had an issue at all. You want me to measure from the engine bay lid to the area when it mounts to the head?
PS: I know this isn't the Nathan you were talking about, but I might be able to help anyway (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Randal
post Apr 21 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

JmuRiz

I really appreciate all the help I can get!

Randal
+Quote Post
Randal
post Apr 21 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

This picture shows how the linkage is set up so that the TB levers move down. Now I GET IT!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 09:23 AM