Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing heater blower assembly, any hints?
mikey
post Apr 22 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 214
Region Association: None

Need a hint on how to get the blower assembly up under the cowl. I spoke to Luis at HPH who says connect the cable before putting the blower into place. I managed to get the cable connected up securely, but the plastic housing doesn't want to slide up into place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SGB
post Apr 22 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #2

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Have you seperated the halves -the front part that says "Behr" or whatever is held to the bottom fan impeller/motor unit with little metal clips that slide off? I'm not sure it will give enough room to pull out/ put in the fan unit, but it might...

On a similar note, I want to put a stronger motor in that thing. Have you ever considered that? Seems like it should be pretty easy to find a motor 30 yrs better....
+Quote Post
Doug Leggins
post Apr 22 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #3

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261

Luis at HPH who says connect the cable before putting the blower into place

I installed the cable after the air box and fan assembly were in place. If I ever do it again I will try it like Luis suggested and install the cable first.

It took a lot of time for me to get the asm installed. I stopped and walked away twice and came back to it after a few days. During my third attempt I bent in the mounting tab located under the cowl just a bit to see if it would give the last little bit of better alignment that I needed to get the driver's side bolt started. It worked for me ... the celebration beer was real sweet after that!
+Quote Post
mikey
post Apr 22 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 214

It took a lot of time for me to get the asm installed. I stopped and walked away twice and came back to it after a few days. During my third attempt I bent in the mounting tab located under the cowl just a bit to see if it would give the last little bit of better alignment that I needed to get the driver's side bolt started. It worked for me ... the celebration beer was real sweet after that!

It's hanging up on that mountiing tab that you mentioned. I'll try and bend the driver's side tab a little bit and see if it will squeeze into that space.

Have you seperated the halves -the front part that says "Behr" or whatever is held to the bottom fan impeller/motor unit with little metal clips that slide off?

I didn't separate the two halves of the unit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:35 PM