Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Short shifter, WTB short shifter
rgalla9146
post Nov 19 2016, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

WTB Weltmeister (or ?) short shift lever for a side shift trans.
Only need the lever with the lengthened lower part attached or the lower part separately.
TIA
Rory
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gms
post Nov 19 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

By now you have probably realized what a rare and coveted piece of Porsche history these parts represent. I am willing to trade you even up for a set of Factory GT flares.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Nov 19 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

Cut 3 inches off the top of the stock shifter. Does the same thing.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Nov 19 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE(toolguy @ Nov 19 2016, 06:25 PM) *

Cut 3 inches off the top of the stock shifter. Does the same thing.

Curious you should say that. Great idea.
For me the lever is already too far away so three inches off will only make the situation worse.
I need the seat all the way back.
The car in question is a hotrod anyway.
I'll shorten the lever and move the whole shift console to the rear ! Walla !
Or some combination of the above
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Nov 20 2016, 08:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

I have found {on the 914's I've had} that there is enough spline on the shift rod adjustment to slide the rod out which makes the lever come rearward. For me it was having to lean forward to push the long stock lever into R-2-4th Cutting the lever and sliding the spline fixed that. .
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914forme
post Nov 20 2016, 08:57 AM
Post #6

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

Also if you use the Tangerine shift adjuster you can get a 20% reduction in throw with the stock shifter. Added bonus you get more precision adjustment of the shifting so you can tun it up.

You could also have a bar splined and shortened if you wanted to pull it back a few inches.

Other options to recurve the shifter.

Or drop an extension handle on it and pull it back. Takes away from the stock look though.

I would think you could bend the shifter just a bit and no one would ever know until they got in and not the shifter in a farther back position than you wanted.

Trail and error method.

Rais the front of the shifter base with a spacer. Washers work good for testing. This brings the shifter back toward you a bit. Extend the rod out as fat as you can in the coupler and be safe. Rotates the rod back towards you more. Moving the knob back. And then make sure you can still get to R 2 4. More than likely you will run out of shifter movement in the ball and cup before you do rod.

If you need more rod, lengthen it. Once you have the spacers set. Measure the total stack, get a spacer made. I would gladly make one for your Minilites (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

The spacer is easy, gladly make you one if you need me to. You will just need longer bolts. You could also raise the back if you need the shifter up to make up for a cut in length. I don't think you can make up for a 3" cut though. WeltMeister kit might have been 1/2 -1 inch max. I have not had once since the early 2000s

You could also machine the shifter housing to pull it back, tilt the socket, and then raise the front and rears etc.... Much deeper discussion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:40 PM