Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Charcoal canister, MIA
80cap
post Nov 22 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,405
Region Association: None

My 76 is missing the charcoal canister. The car now has carbs. If I would find a canister where does the hose connect to the engine. There is no smog check in my state so is it necessary ?
Thanks Brian (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Nov 22 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

It is not strictly necessary. It can be nice to have, as it does help cut down on fuel smell, but with a carb conversion you'll usually have some of that anyway.

The 76 should have a small hose running through the center tunnel from the expansion tank on top of the fuel tank (around the fuel filler) to the engine bay. The little line connects to the canister; a hose from the fan shroud or the engine tin also connects to the canister as does another hose to the air cleaner. You can hook up something like that if you are so inclined.

I tell people not to remove the canister as it does zero harm, and does some benefit. But having to hunt one down can be a bit of a pain, so it probably isn't worth re-installing if you don't have the parts.

--DD
+Quote Post
80cap
post Nov 23 2016, 06:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,405
Region Association: None

Thanks Dave!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 01:11 AM