Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charcoal canister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
My 76 is missing the charcoal canister. The car now has carbs. If I would find a canister where does the hose connect to the engine. There is no smog check in my state so is it necessary ?
Thanks Brian idea.gif
Dave_Darling
It is not strictly necessary. It can be nice to have, as it does help cut down on fuel smell, but with a carb conversion you'll usually have some of that anyway.

The 76 should have a small hose running through the center tunnel from the expansion tank on top of the fuel tank (around the fuel filler) to the engine bay. The little line connects to the canister; a hose from the fan shroud or the engine tin also connects to the canister as does another hose to the air cleaner. You can hook up something like that if you are so inclined.

I tell people not to remove the canister as it does zero harm, and does some benefit. But having to hunt one down can be a bit of a pain, so it probably isn't worth re-installing if you don't have the parts.

--DD
80cap
Thanks Dave!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.