Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Custom axles for Boxster 5 speed transaxle in 914, Using Boxster CV's and stock 914 arms/bearings
precisionchassis
post Nov 27 2016, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,979
Region Association: Southwest Region

The last time I did a Subaru powered 914, I used a Boxster 5 speed transaxle. and had an extra pair of axle shafts made as a spare. I never needed them and I've since closed down my shop, so I have these axles available for anybody interested.

For those that don't know, the Boxster (base model) and the 914 share the same rear wheel bearings. What this means is that you can use the Boxster wheel hub, and stub axle in the 914 trailing arm, which also means you can use the Boxster CV joints IF you have these custom axle shafts to go with them.

What you also might not know is that the Boxster cable shifter will work in the 914 chassis without the need for custom cables. Also, a number of Audi engines bolt directly to the Boxster transaxle without the need for any adapter plate or custom flywheel.

Asking $200 for this pair of axles.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i180.photobucket.com-11979-1480273745.1.jpg)

Anyone interested should contact me via email at precisionchassis@gmail.com for the fastest response.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Nov 27 2016, 02:02 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

That's a neat part. Sort of a missing link. Sorry to hear you closed down your shop. You sure did some outstanding work.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Nov 27 2016, 05:22 PM
Post #3

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431

What year Boxsters?
I looked at one at the wrecker and the stub looked like it had the CV built in, no bolts. Is it because it was auto?
+Quote Post
flmont
post Nov 27 2016, 09:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,676

seems as tho this set-up would be a money maker,..subie engine and a boxter trans that bolts to a 914 with little to no mods..???
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Nov 28 2016, 06:07 AM
Post #5

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 27 2016, 10:28 PM) *

seems as tho this set-up would be a money maker,..subie engine and a boxter trans that bolts to a 914 with little to no mods..???

But a big price tag compared to a suby engine and a suby trans. Both need custom axles but the boxter trans still needs an adapter to mate to the suby engine. That's a pricey mod compared to bolting on a stock mt5 suby trans.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Nov 29 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 28 2016, 06:07 AM) *

QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 27 2016, 10:28 PM) *

But a big price tag compared to a suby engine and a suby trans. Both need custom axles but the boxter trans still needs an adapter to mate to the suby engine. That's a pricey mod compared to bolting on a stock mt5 suby trans.

True if you are doing a Subaru conversion, but if you want to do an Audi conversion this would be a very inexpensive and easy way to go. The 5 speed boxes are cheap and plentiful and you don't have to measure for cables and stuff. Just buy the Boxster ones, along with the shifter. The hydraulic clutch line would probably be the right length too.

You could also adapt the Boxster center console and move the e-brake to the middle if you wanted to get crazy.

+Quote Post
gearjam
post Nov 30 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 20,555
Region Association: None

Sent PM
+Quote Post
Tigre81
post Dec 4 2016, 10:59 AM
Post #8

paul@mnr

Member No.: 8,727
Region Association: Upper MidWest

If they are still available, I'll take them...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:29 PM