Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Custom axles for Boxster 5 speed transaxle in 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
precisionchassis
The last time I did a Subaru powered 914, I used a Boxster 5 speed transaxle. and had an extra pair of axle shafts made as a spare. I never needed them and I've since closed down my shop, so I have these axles available for anybody interested.

For those that don't know, the Boxster (base model) and the 914 share the same rear wheel bearings. What this means is that you can use the Boxster wheel hub, and stub axle in the 914 trailing arm, which also means you can use the Boxster CV joints IF you have these custom axle shafts to go with them.

What you also might not know is that the Boxster cable shifter will work in the 914 chassis without the need for custom cables. Also, a number of Audi engines bolt directly to the Boxster transaxle without the need for any adapter plate or custom flywheel.

Asking $200 for this pair of axles.

IPB Image

Anyone interested should contact me via email at precisionchassis@gmail.com for the fastest response.
mepstein
That's a neat part. Sort of a missing link. Sorry to hear you closed down your shop. You sure did some outstanding work.
Chris914n6
What year Boxsters?
I looked at one at the wrecker and the stub looked like it had the CV built in, no bolts. Is it because it was auto?
flmont
seems as tho this set-up would be a money maker,..subie engine and a boxter trans that bolts to a 914 with little to no mods..???
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 27 2016, 10:28 PM) *

seems as tho this set-up would be a money maker,..subie engine and a boxter trans that bolts to a 914 with little to no mods..???

But a big price tag compared to a suby engine and a suby trans. Both need custom axles but the boxter trans still needs an adapter to mate to the suby engine. That's a pricey mod compared to bolting on a stock mt5 suby trans.
Chris H.
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 28 2016, 06:07 AM) *

QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 27 2016, 10:28 PM) *

But a big price tag compared to a suby engine and a suby trans. Both need custom axles but the boxter trans still needs an adapter to mate to the suby engine. That's a pricey mod compared to bolting on a stock mt5 suby trans.

True if you are doing a Subaru conversion, but if you want to do an Audi conversion this would be a very inexpensive and easy way to go. The 5 speed boxes are cheap and plentiful and you don't have to measure for cables and stuff. Just buy the Boxster ones, along with the shifter. The hydraulic clutch line would probably be the right length too.

You could also adapt the Boxster center console and move the e-brake to the middle if you wanted to get crazy.

gearjam
Sent PM
Tigre81

If they are still available, I'll take them...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.