Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Racing 914s, What an excellent book
Kansas 914
post Dec 26 2016, 08:42 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 9 2016, 04:45 PM) *

In 5 years it will be worth $15.00.

It has to be worth more than that with an acknowledgement to Paul Woodbury on page 6! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Catorse
post Dec 26 2016, 10:24 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 19,106
Region Association: Southwest Region

Got the book, read half of it already. I hate to be a critic but to me the book has its main value in the pictures. Now don't get me wrong, I am a writer for a living, but when the author gets into the racing history of the 914, there is page after page of what amounts to race results which are a little on the dry side. In some areas, the actual STORY is razor thin.

I didn't buy this book to read race results, I bought it for the story and feel of the racing 914s.

Again, I am only through it 50% but I give it a B-

As a counterpoint, read the KUSSMAUL CHRONICLES, about Porsche Engineer Roland Kussmaul. This book came out just recently as well. He was the engineer on Marathon De La Route with the 3 914s racing. His account makes you feel like you were THERE. Awesomely written.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Dec 26 2016, 11:58 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Catorse @ Dec 26 2016, 08:24 AM) *

Got the book, read half of it already. I hate to be a critic but to me the book has its main value in the pictures. Now don't get me wrong, I am a writer for a living, but when the author gets into the racing history of the 914, there is page after page of what amounts to race results which are a little on the dry side. In some areas, the actual STORY is razor thin.

I didn't buy this book to read race results, I bought it for the story and feel of the racing 914s.

Again, I am only through it 50% but I give it a B-

As a counterpoint, read the KUSSMAUL CHRONICLES, about Porsche Engineer Roland Kussmaul. This book came out just recently as well. He was the engineer on Marathon De La Route with the 3 914s racing. His account makes you feel like you were THERE. Awesomely written.

Roland is the Man ! He drove the Paris Dakar as well !ยก!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:14 AM