Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another Stupid Question
76-914
post Dec 5 2016, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

OK, what's what here. In another thread Tom posted a factory data sheet re: '73 914. It list the Curb Weight as 2145 and the As Tested weight as 2460. Just curious because my water cooled 6 conversion came in as 2340 with a full tank, spare tire and tools in the trunk. I should add this was before I added the AC but the compressor was on the engine so I'm probably about 25 lb's heavier now. TIA, Kent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Dec 5 2016, 11:11 AM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

FYI #3 - Specs from 73 MY Porsche+Audi official sales brochure (both 4 & 13 page versions similar chart, this is the 4 pg one) for the USA dealers (Canada used Imperial Gallons), which I had both from my 72-73 "starving college student drool visits" to the SoCAl Porsche+Audi dealers (printed Aug 1972 - apologies for my camera strap over the lower right corner info):

Attached Image
> Note that later in the 73 MY Porsche+Audi also had a version called "(14-2.0 Sport" which dropped the included Appearance Group of the "914S" & maintained the Performance Group of options (Fuchs 2L wheels & F & R sway bars), of which Dave K's Orange/Black is a beautiful example (I don't recall seeing a brochure with any "914-2.0 Sport" designation printed, but Jeff Bolsby's 914 classic website's Model Numbers section does list a model number set for both the "914S" fully loaded 914-2.0 & "914-2.0 Sport" equipment packages, with the variances for CA, 49 state & ROW sub-versions). This was done to keep the performance which saving costs & lower the price, as the W. German DM escalated vs. the dollar & jacked up the prices of the fully loaded "914S" package from $5299 WCPOE to over $7200 in less than 12 months! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:05 PM