Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh My Gawd!!, Why is such a vehicle in existance?
Scott S
post Jul 12 2003, 10:49 PM
Post #21

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

I had a 94 diesel, then a 97 turbo. How can you complain about mileage? What would you expect in something that big. Some peoples kids....

The 94 had heated front windows that were also rock catchers - and when they cracked the no longer defrosted. The heater did nothing, and the factory alignment specs made the thing eat tires. The three piece wheels would also continually go out of round. It was also unbelievably loud in the cabin.

The 97 was a lux model - full leather, every single toy/option. (very cool on board welder). It had most of the above junk fixed. On this truck the problem was axel seals. I had them all replaced at least twice. Not cool.

The new trucks are a joke. They are mini vans. They do not have half the abilities of the old trucks. By modulating the H1"S brakes with the accelerator you could get out of nearly any tough spot. I couldnt believe some of the stuff we put that thing up on. I used this as a tech supprt vehicle in the ski industry. We litterally let the air out of the tires and crawled the thing to the TOP of Vail to do a demo several times. It was great. Then at the end of the day, the patrol would do the last sweep and we would crawl back down, hit the button to re-inflate and be on our way. This is the only pic I have. It is the 94. Nearly two feet of fresh snow on our way up to the top of Purgatory Ski Resort in Durango , CO. Fun day!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:45 PM