Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Group Buy Pricing, on MPS Repair and Tuning Kits
ChrisFoley
post Dec 23 2016, 08:36 AM
Post #1

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

I just received a fresh batch of stamped Beryllium Copper diaphragms and need to help cover my costs so,

Now thru Dec 31st: get 20% off my regular web prices
$119.95 for Repair Kits
$159.95 for Repair and Tuning Kits

My MPS Webpage
There's a Paypal link for Holiday Special Pricing right below the regular payment link.

Orders will ship right after the first of the new year.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Dec 27 2016, 01:14 PM
Post #2

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Here's a pic showing 2 of my diaphragms with one from Fuel Injection Corporation.

Attached Image

FIC hand-forms their diaphragms from cheap copper sheet. They solder an old hub in place, install it in the MPS housing and charge over $400 (plus core charge) for something which works poorly at best.
Sorry, but that's just an atrociously bad product, and only serves to sour people on maintaining their D-Jetronic FI system.
If you buy a rebuilt unit from AA, you get the FIC product.

My diaphragms are stamped by a company that specializes in processing Beryllium Copper, then heat treated to the correct temper.
This gives them the correct flexural characteristics and provides longevity to a part which is constantly in motion while the engine is running.
I have new hub pieces machined to factory spec and zinc plated.
I assemble them in-house using the same method as Bosch did to make the originals.

You can rebuild your own or have Jeff Bowlsby rebuild and set up yours, for much less than the other options.

It's well worth the small cost to add the tuning kit since today's fuel usually results in a leaner running engine. Therefore, one should fine tune a rebuilt MPS after it has been installed in the car.

I also have the 2 liter spacer rings - needed if you want to use a 1.7L MPS with a larger displacement engine.
Regular price $24.95. Now thru yearend - only $15 (plus $4.95 shipping if ordered separately) There's no link on my website for these, so an email or PM is required.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Dec 27 2016, 01:41 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I was just on your site and noticed that the copyright text says 2005-2016. Is it time to renew?
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Dec 27 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #4

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I've repaired two MPS's with Chris' kit. Excellent quality and great step-by-step directions. It's a good indoor project on a cold winter afternoon if you have a bum MPS lying around (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
+Quote Post
pbanders
post Dec 27 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 805

Chris' kit is the gold standard in MPS repair. I'm betting it's better than sending your MPS to Bosch Automotive Traditions and having them do it for $$$$. With these kits, 914's will be running until the Sun becomes a planetary nebula. Buy them! Make sure you get the tuning kit with it, the tools in the kit make adjusting the MPS a breeze, and the machined full-load stop is awesome.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 07:03 AM