Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holiday Group Buy Pricing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I just received a fresh batch of stamped Beryllium Copper diaphragms and need to help cover my costs so,

Now thru Dec 31st: get 20% off my regular web prices
$119.95 for Repair Kits
$159.95 for Repair and Tuning Kits

My MPS Webpage
There's a Paypal link for Holiday Special Pricing right below the regular payment link.

Orders will ship right after the first of the new year.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
ChrisFoley
Here's a pic showing 2 of my diaphragms with one from Fuel Injection Corporation.

Click to view attachment

FIC hand-forms their diaphragms from cheap copper sheet. They solder an old hub in place, install it in the MPS housing and charge over $400 (plus core charge) for something which works poorly at best.
Sorry, but that's just an atrociously bad product, and only serves to sour people on maintaining their D-Jetronic FI system.
If you buy a rebuilt unit from AA, you get the FIC product.

My diaphragms are stamped by a company that specializes in processing Beryllium Copper, then heat treated to the correct temper.
This gives them the correct flexural characteristics and provides longevity to a part which is constantly in motion while the engine is running.
I have new hub pieces machined to factory spec and zinc plated.
I assemble them in-house using the same method as Bosch did to make the originals.

You can rebuild your own or have Jeff Bowlsby rebuild and set up yours, for much less than the other options.

It's well worth the small cost to add the tuning kit since today's fuel usually results in a leaner running engine. Therefore, one should fine tune a rebuilt MPS after it has been installed in the car.

I also have the 2 liter spacer rings - needed if you want to use a 1.7L MPS with a larger displacement engine.
Regular price $24.95. Now thru yearend - only $15 (plus $4.95 shipping if ordered separately) There's no link on my website for these, so an email or PM is required.
PanelBilly
I was just on your site and noticed that the copyright text says 2005-2016. Is it time to renew?
BeatNavy
I've repaired two MPS's with Chris' kit. Excellent quality and great step-by-step directions. It's a good indoor project on a cold winter afternoon if you have a bum MPS lying around smile.gif .
pbanders
Chris' kit is the gold standard in MPS repair. I'm betting it's better than sending your MPS to Bosch Automotive Traditions and having them do it for $$$$. With these kits, 914's will be running until the Sun becomes a planetary nebula. Buy them! Make sure you get the tuning kit with it, the tools in the kit make adjusting the MPS a breeze, and the machined full-load stop is awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.