Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sun Visor Question
TM_Corey
post Dec 23 2016, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,809
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The original sun visors in my 74 2.0 are in near perfect condition except for the crunchy foam that I can deal with, but it appears the plastic framework has shrunk a tad.

They barely fit in the brackets and I have a feeling once it is back on the road in the Spring that they will unhook easily on rough roads.

Is there a trick in getting them to fit again? Some kind of extender maybe?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Dec 24 2016, 07:43 AM
Post #2

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Based on what I think you're describing you should adjust the shafts and pull them out of the visor a bit more. If you loosen the screws you should be able to pull them out a little farther so they fit better in the holders. Those shafts are two different pieces and you can move them independently of each other.

Edit: should also probably point out that those screws can be used to adjust the amount of force required to move the visor, so don't crank them down too hard.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Dec 24 2016, 08:03 AM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 24 2016, 07:43 AM) *

Based on what I think you're describing you should adjust the shafts and pull them out of the visor a bit more. If you loosen the screws you should be able to pull them out a little farther so they fit better in the holders. Those shafts are two different pieces and you can move them independently of each other.

Edit: should also probably point out that those screws can be used to adjust the amount of force required to move the visor, so don't crank them down too hard.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Dec 24 2016, 08:08 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 19,809
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Dec 24 2016, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 24 2016, 07:43 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Sweet, I will try that. Thank you!
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 24 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #5

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Loosen the screw on the visor. Use needle nose pliers to pull out the shaft to the correct length while it's hung on the plastic holders and tighten the screw on the visor just enough but not too much. Tighten the plastic holders to the car so they don't twist.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 06:18 PM