Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sun Visor Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TM_Corey
The original sun visors in my 74 2.0 are in near perfect condition except for the crunchy foam that I can deal with, but it appears the plastic framework has shrunk a tad.

They barely fit in the brackets and I have a feeling once it is back on the road in the Spring that they will unhook easily on rough roads.

Is there a trick in getting them to fit again? Some kind of extender maybe?
BeatNavy
Based on what I think you're describing you should adjust the shafts and pull them out of the visor a bit more. If you loosen the screws you should be able to pull them out a little farther so they fit better in the holders. Those shafts are two different pieces and you can move them independently of each other.

Edit: should also probably point out that those screws can be used to adjust the amount of force required to move the visor, so don't crank them down too hard.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 24 2016, 07:43 AM) *

Based on what I think you're describing you should adjust the shafts and pull them out of the visor a bit more. If you loosen the screws you should be able to pull them out a little farther so they fit better in the holders. Those shafts are two different pieces and you can move them independently of each other.

Edit: should also probably point out that those screws can be used to adjust the amount of force required to move the visor, so don't crank them down too hard.

agree.gif
TM_Corey
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Dec 24 2016, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 24 2016, 07:43 AM) *

agree.gif

Sweet, I will try that. Thank you!
mepstein
Loosen the screw on the visor. Use needle nose pliers to pull out the shaft to the correct length while it's hung on the plastic holders and tighten the screw on the visor just enough but not too much. Tighten the plastic holders to the car so they don't twist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.