Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hope you had a happy holiday, I got a couple halotrons
worn
post Jan 4 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Decided I wanted to be able to put out fires with my wife so she bought us fire extinguishers for X-mas. One for me and one for Doug's MGB.

The most beautiful thing I saw for the season was a pair of SSIs though.
In summer it was like this:
Attached Image

But now it is skimming zero every now and then so it is the 911 engine I have spent time on in the car haven. I am almost run out of parts now. Only the clutch to bolt on and it is ready to go back in. This is a mid-process shot before the SSIs went on.

Attached Image

Of course it has thawed a bit now and then. Still this is a window in the house with the moon shining through.
Attached Image

That ain't rain, and yes it is with the storm window in place. Hope Mark is adapting well over in Michigan.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
worn
post Mar 24 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #2

can't remember

I know it isn't teener news, but It started! The 911 rebuild ran through the 20 minute cam break in! Melting a dryer hose out the window as it did so. Still not quite spring here. Now I find I need to rebuild calipers all around and then I can drive. I guess I also need to fix the leak at the right side cam cover too...

But I may have all my cars actually drivable by summer. Fingers crossed.
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 10 2017, 10:01 AM
Post #3

can't remember

QUOTE(worn @ Mar 24 2017, 10:46 AM) *

I know it isn't teener news, but It started! The 911 rebuild ran through the 20 minute cam break in! Melting a dryer hose out the window as it did so. Still not quite spring here. Now I find I need to rebuild calipers all around and then I can drive. I guess I also need to fix the leak at the right side cam cover too...

But I may have all my cars actually drivable by summer. Fingers crossed.

I seem to be the only one posting to my own thread. Probably cause of the flagrant 9 eleben content.

It is spring, warm, AND I drove the 911. I was going to drive it to the Rt 66 Classic in 2014 when I found the head studs broken. I was worried I would never get it back on the road again. But on the road it went.

Project creep delayed things. Frozen calipers on all 4 wheels - then the front wheel bearings.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Apr 10 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #4

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Just in time for Rt66 2017! Hurry, hurry! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:05 AM