Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Race Helmet question, Snell approved 2015
kaiserms
post Jan 18 2017, 07:30 AM
Post #1

MSKaiser

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,378
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Is a Snell approved 2015 helmet good for PCA
Time Trialing and other venues, vintage & SCCA?
What is the expiration?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
campbellcj
post Jan 19 2017, 11:00 PM
Post #2

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Unfortunately there are very few still running in SoCal. I used to see Sheridan and AIR widebody cars, GT tributes, stock 2.0's etc. with POC and other groups all the time. Now usually I am the only one with POC. Carolyn Pappas I think still has hers technically, but it's been apart for a long time. I am aware of two other guys with V5 class /fours but have not seen them out in a while.

I went out with VARA last weekend, to get signed-off for my rookie license, and there was 1 other 914. I know the car from years ago and it has a new owner now. It's a race-prepped carbed 2.0/four. I rallied him to join this site as he is not on here, yet. Another guy I met said he is the only active VARA 914 racer right now. He has a gorgeous -6 which he did not have out last weekend as he was only instructing, but I know that car too. So there will be 3 of us going forward but in different classes unfortunately!
+Quote Post
kaiserms
post Jan 20 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #3

MSKaiser

Member No.: 20,378
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 20 2017, 12:00 AM) *

Unfortunately there are very few still running in SoCal. I used to see Sheridan and AIR widebody cars, GT tributes, stock 2.0's etc. with POC and other groups all the time. Now usually I am the only one with POC. Carolyn Pappas I think still has hers technically, but it's been apart for a long time. I am aware of two other guys with V5 class /fours but have not seen them out in a while.

I went out with VARA last weekend, to get signed-off for my rookie license, and there was 1 other 914. I know the car from years ago and it has a new owner now. It's a race-prepped carbed 2.0/four. I rallied him to join this site as he is not on here, yet. Another guy I met said he is the only active VARA 914 racer right now. He has a gorgeous -6 which he did not have out last weekend as he was only instructing, but I know that car too. So there will be 3 of us going forward but in different classes unfortunately!

Chris, first off, thanks for the reply. Not likely anyone left in POC that I would still know. Used to hang with Bill Follmer, Jim Vial, Charlie Spira and a bunch of other hot shoes. I'm in Michigan now, so we are not likely to meet, but thanks so much for responding.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:43 PM