Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Emblems, Any recommendations
Mowog4
post Jan 18 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,325
Region Association: None

I am looking to get some custom emblems made, any suggestions for vendors? I saw some old threads, but can't find anything current. If no luck there, any thoughts on the font used in the emblems?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 18 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

If you can find someone with a laser you can make anything. My friends at Restoration Design made the Unobtanium emblems for Da Spoodster, you can ask them if they can help. I didn't plate mine or anything fancy, just left them raw.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 19 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 01:26 AM) *

I am looking to get some custom emblems made, any suggestions for vendors? I saw some old threads, but can't find anything current. If no luck there, any thoughts on the font used in the emblems?

Jim McIntosh. But a one off might cost you. J(?)MIII here on the site. I forgot his middle initial...
+Quote Post
altitude411
post Jan 19 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #4

I drove my 6 into a tree

Member No.: 17,932
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Here's his current thread...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=290081
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Jan 19 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(altitude411 @ Jan 19 2017, 09:14 AM) *

I thought about just having one water jetted or laser cut, but I have no idea how to get it drawn out with the correct fonts. I'll contact RJMII, that seems to be the easiest way to go although he seems to have had a bit of historical drama.
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Jan 19 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 08:20 PM) *

I thought about just having one water jetted or laser cut, but I have no idea how to get it drawn out with the correct fonts. I'll contact RJMII, that seems to be the easiest way to go although he seems to have had a bit of historical drama.

Yeah,

the historical drama is why I don't really get too excited about doing emblems for people that just randomly appear from nowhere. The "drama" was from things that were far beyond my control, *cough-that chick that bought my mill - cough*) after I had suggested that I wanted to take a break from doing emblems for awhile. Right now I'm sitting at about 50 custom emblem orders that are in the process of getting cut out.

#backToHiding #hashTagsForever
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Jan 19 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 19 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Yeah,

the historical drama is why I don't really get too excited about doing emblems for people that just randomly appear from nowhere. The "drama" was from things that were far beyond my control, *cough-that chick that bought my mill - cough*) after I had suggested that I wanted to take a break from doing emblems for awhile. Right now I'm sitting at about 50 custom emblem orders that are in the process of getting cut out.

WOW, didn't mean to insult you. Not sure what "appear from nowhere" means, just looking to spend more money on my 914 project. I am happy not to spend it with you.
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Jan 19 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #8

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 09:34 PM) *

Yeah,

WOW, didn't mean to insult you. Not sure what "appear from nowhere" means, just looking to spend more money on my 914 project. I am happy not to spend it with you.

Good. Go remind someone else of painful memories.
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Jan 19 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 19 2017, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 09:34 PM) *

Yeah,

Good. Go remind someone else of painful memories.

This is one of the strangest interactions I have ever had.
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Jan 24 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 18 2017, 10:03 PM) *

If you can find someone with a laser you can make anything. My friends at Restoration Design made the Unobtanium emblems for Da Spoodster, you can ask them if they can help. I didn't plate mine or anything fancy, just left them raw.

Those are great, who laid them out for you? BTW, love the car.
Ed
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Jan 24 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #11

Robert

Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Jan 25 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 24 2017, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 18 2017, 10:03 PM) *

Those are great, who laid them out for you? BTW, love the car.
Ed

I just asked Mike at Restoration Design if he could make it, I told him it needed to be the same size at the fender mounted Speedster emblem.
Thanks on the car, I sometimes regret selling it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 04:20 PM