Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Emblems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I am looking to get some custom emblems made, any suggestions for vendors? I saw some old threads, but can't find anything current. If no luck there, any thoughts on the font used in the emblems?
Unobtanium-inc
If you can find someone with a laser you can make anything. My friends at Restoration Design made the Unobtanium emblems for Da Spoodster, you can ask them if they can help. I didn't plate mine or anything fancy, just left them raw.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 01:26 AM) *

I am looking to get some custom emblems made, any suggestions for vendors? I saw some old threads, but can't find anything current. If no luck there, any thoughts on the font used in the emblems?

Jim McIntosh. But a one off might cost you. J(?)MIII here on the site. I forgot his middle initial...
altitude411
Here's his current thread...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=290081
Mowog4
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Jan 19 2017, 09:14 AM) *

I thought about just having one water jetted or laser cut, but I have no idea how to get it drawn out with the correct fonts. I'll contact RJMII, that seems to be the easiest way to go although he seems to have had a bit of historical drama.
RJMII
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 08:20 PM) *

I thought about just having one water jetted or laser cut, but I have no idea how to get it drawn out with the correct fonts. I'll contact RJMII, that seems to be the easiest way to go although he seems to have had a bit of historical drama.

Yeah,

the historical drama is why I don't really get too excited about doing emblems for people that just randomly appear from nowhere. The "drama" was from things that were far beyond my control, *cough-that chick that bought my mill - cough*) after I had suggested that I wanted to take a break from doing emblems for awhile. Right now I'm sitting at about 50 custom emblem orders that are in the process of getting cut out.

#backToHiding #hashTagsForever
Mowog4
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 19 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Yeah,

the historical drama is why I don't really get too excited about doing emblems for people that just randomly appear from nowhere. The "drama" was from things that were far beyond my control, *cough-that chick that bought my mill - cough*) after I had suggested that I wanted to take a break from doing emblems for awhile. Right now I'm sitting at about 50 custom emblem orders that are in the process of getting cut out.

WOW, didn't mean to insult you. Not sure what "appear from nowhere" means, just looking to spend more money on my 914 project. I am happy not to spend it with you.
RJMII
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 09:34 PM) *

Yeah,

WOW, didn't mean to insult you. Not sure what "appear from nowhere" means, just looking to spend more money on my 914 project. I am happy not to spend it with you.

Good. Go remind someone else of painful memories.
Mowog4
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 19 2017, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 19 2017, 09:34 PM) *

Yeah,

Good. Go remind someone else of painful memories.

This is one of the strangest interactions I have ever had.
Mowog4
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 18 2017, 10:03 PM) *

If you can find someone with a laser you can make anything. My friends at Restoration Design made the Unobtanium emblems for Da Spoodster, you can ask them if they can help. I didn't plate mine or anything fancy, just left them raw.

Those are great, who laid them out for you? BTW, love the car.
Ed
BuddyV
WTF.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Jan 24 2017, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 18 2017, 10:03 PM) *

Those are great, who laid them out for you? BTW, love the car.
Ed

I just asked Mike at Restoration Design if he could make it, I told him it needed to be the same size at the fender mounted Speedster emblem.
Thanks on the car, I sometimes regret selling it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.