Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: NOS 901 “C” First Gear
Amenson
post Jan 21 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #1

That's opposite lock!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,154
Region Association: None

As the title states, this is a NOS “C” first gear, including reverse idler.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I searched several placed to try to find the value of a “C” first but could not find a single one listed previously. If anybody knows of one having been listed please forward the listing to me.

I would prefer to list it strictly on offer but forum rules prohibit that so I will start at:

$1500 OBO Shipped CONUS

Paypal (fee free) or cash. I will ship overseas.

Real value could be well over or well under…I have no idea. Please feel free to make an offer.

scott@digitaldash.org

From what I can tell this was a ratio in an early 911 box so I will be listing it elsewhere and will evaluate offers after some time.

Regards,
Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 21 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,931

The last one I bought from Rich at HPH was $750. He had one other. Last I looked you could have one made for around $800.
+Quote Post
brant
post Jan 21 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 21 2017, 05:00 PM) *

The last one I bought from Rich at HPH was $750. He had one other. Last I looked you could have one made for around $800.

I agree
Matt has these made in my believe Australia and of superior quality
I sold a W I bought from roger Sheridan for 450 or so

You may want to shop the price of new superior reproductions
+Quote Post
Amenson
post Jan 21 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #4

That's opposite lock!!

QUOTE(brant @ Jan 21 2017, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 21 2017, 05:00 PM) *

I agree
Matt has these made in my believe Australia and of superior quality
I sold a W I bought from roger Sheridan for 450 or so

You may want to shop the price of new superior reproductions

I don't disagree, Albins makes pretty much any gear ratio for the 901. I was surprised when a guy from the UK contacted me about a used R I had and offered almost double what a new one cost before I even listed it for sale. Apparently originality has a value.

Cheers,
Scott
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 22 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #5

Yea, the NOS factory one I purchased was $750. Last year there were a couple on eBay for around the same price or slightly more but less than $900. Someone might pay what you are asking instead of waiting to find one or having one made. For some, $1500 isn't a lot of money. I spent $7K building a 901 for one of my race cars. Racing advantages are measured in fractions of a second. Those last few can be expensive. I use C for first gear. Eventually the market may catch up to your asking price but in my experience it isn't quite there yet. I would purchase it for $800 but would have one made before paying more.
+Quote Post
Amenson
post Jan 22 2017, 07:37 AM
Post #6

That's opposite lock!!

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 22 2017, 01:03 AM) *

Yea, the NOS factory one I purchased was $750. Last year there were a couple on eBay for around the same price or slightly more but less than $900. Someone might pay what you are asking instead of waiting to find one or having one made. For some, $1500 isn't a lot of money. I spent $7K building a 901 for one of my race cars. Racing advantages are measured in fractions of a second. Those last few can be expensive. I use C for first gear. Eventually the market may catch up to your asking price but in my experience it isn't quite there yet. I would purchase it for $800 but would have one made before paying more.

This is why I make it very clear in my post that I am open for offers. If it is worth $750 and that someone offers that, I will be perfectly happy.

Thanks,
Scott
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 22 2017, 09:31 AM
Post #7

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

PET only shows on 1 st gear. Is this for the main shaft with replacable gear and is it a different ratio than stock ?
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 22 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #8

[/quote]

This is why I make it very clear in my post that I am open for offers. If it is worth $750 and that someone offers that, I will be perfectly happy.

Thanks,
Scott
[/quote]

That is how understood what you said and I think that is very fair. I'd purchase it for $750 shipped to 95051, if you would accept. Should fit in a small flat rate box.

Mike
+Quote Post
Amenson
post Jan 22 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #9

That's opposite lock!!

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 22 2017, 11:37 AM) *

Thanks,
Scott

That is how understood what you said and I think that is very fair. I'd purchase it for $750 shipped to 95051, if you would accept. Should fit in a small flat rate box.

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the offer. You are the first at $750, another guy offered the same by PM after you. If I don't get a higher offer it is yours.

Cheers,
Scott
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 22 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #10

OK, thanks. How would you like payment?
+Quote Post
Amenson
post Jan 22 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #11

That's opposite lock!!

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 22 2017, 09:04 PM) *

OK, thanks. How would you like payment?

I'll get back to you via PM if it sells to you.
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 22 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #12

How long do you plan to shop my offer around before you make your decision?
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Jan 22 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

So ...I thought this was not a bid site........

Where is Sir Andy on this one
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Jan 24 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Amenson @ Jan 22 2017, 05:37 AM) *

Thanks,
Scott

This is bunk. Your statement above insinuates that you would take a $750 offer.
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 24 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #15

It doesn't look good on the surface but there could be a very good reason this transaction didn't go through. The seller may have had something come up that was more important than selling a car part on the internet. Let's give him the opportunity he deserves to get back to this exchange. Heck, what if he is dealing with an ailing family member, or a work commitment. I know we kinda have a gentleman's agreement between sellers and buyers on this site but things come up and maybe the seller doesn't sell much here. I don't know the guy and I have bought and sold LOTS of stuff here. We don't typically handle transactions like this but maybe where he typically sells they do. So, now we know and we wait to see what will come of this. I'm sure he gets pinged when folks comment on here so he will likely respond. I'm OK either way. I placed a good faith offer at the price he said he would be happy with. Maybe the extra $100 he is holding out for would make a big difference in his life. We don't know that so let's let him settle it in the way that works best for him.

Mike
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Jan 24 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #16

You are a good man!

OR like any good man you understand sweet works much better than sour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 24 2017, 04:28 PM) *

It doesn't look good on the surface but there could be a very good reason this transaction didn't go through. The seller may have had something come up that was more important than selling a car part on the internet. Let's give him the opportunity he deserves to get back to this exchange. Heck, what if he is dealing with an ailing family member, or a work commitment. I know we kinda have a gentleman's agreement between sellers and buyers on this site but things come up and maybe the seller doesn't sell much here. I don't know the guy and I have bought and sold LOTS of stuff here. We don't typically handle transactions like this but maybe where he typically sells they do. So, now we know and we wait to see what will come of this. I'm sure he gets pinged when folks comment on here so he will likely respond. I'm OK either way. I placed a good faith offer at the price he said he would be happy with. Maybe the extra $100 he is holding out for would make a big difference in his life. We don't know that so let's let him settle it in the way that works best for him.

Mike

+Quote Post
Amenson
post Jan 24 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #17

That's opposite lock!!

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jan 24 2017, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Amenson @ Jan 22 2017, 05:37 AM) *

Thanks,
Scott

This is bunk. Your statement above insinuates that you would take a $750 offer.

I doubt there is any way to reply to this without starting a shit storm so I will be as straight forward as possible.

I appreciate having an offer and it is high enough for me sell it instead of putting it back in the drawer for a few more years, but that does not mean that I am going to accept the offer immediately.

When I was selling the used "R" to a guy for much more than $750 he thought that the "C" was also quite desirable, just not right for his setup. I have other feedback from a reputable transmission builder that the fair price is also higher than the current offer. I also appreciate, and trust, koozy's feedback about what he paid for his last one but suspect that he is like me and really appreciates getting an exceptionally good value when purchasing parts, and he probably will but....

This is a part that has a very limited number of people who are possible buyers. It has been listed for sale here for two days and less on Pelican. This is not nearly enough time for potential buyers to have the opportunity to stumble on either post.

Cheers,
Scott

+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Jan 24 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #18

You are a good man!

OR like any smart man you understand sweet works much better than sour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 24 2017, 04:28 PM) *

Mike

+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 24 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #19

No shit storm, Scott. Just forum rules. The "I'll take the highest offer" thing is kinda frowned upon in this setting. That is typically reserved for auctions.
+Quote Post
koozy
post Jan 24 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #20

The way I see it, we are doing just fine here. You have a list price, I have an offer. You are shopping it around to see if you can get more than I offered. How long do you plan to shop it around before you let me know?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:59 PM