Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: NOS 901 “C” First Gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Amenson
As the title states, this is a NOS “C” first gear, including reverse idler.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I searched several placed to try to find the value of a “C” first but could not find a single one listed previously. If anybody knows of one having been listed please forward the listing to me.

I would prefer to list it strictly on offer but forum rules prohibit that so I will start at:

$1500 OBO Shipped CONUS

Paypal (fee free) or cash. I will ship overseas.

Real value could be well over or well under…I have no idea. Please feel free to make an offer.

scott@digitaldash.org

From what I can tell this was a ratio in an early 911 box so I will be listing it elsewhere and will evaluate offers after some time.

Regards,
Scott
koozy
The last one I bought from Rich at HPH was $750. He had one other. Last I looked you could have one made for around $800.
brant
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 21 2017, 05:00 PM) *

The last one I bought from Rich at HPH was $750. He had one other. Last I looked you could have one made for around $800.

I agree
Matt has these made in my believe Australia and of superior quality
I sold a W I bought from roger Sheridan for 450 or so

You may want to shop the price of new superior reproductions
Amenson
QUOTE(brant @ Jan 21 2017, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 21 2017, 05:00 PM) *

I agree
Matt has these made in my believe Australia and of superior quality
I sold a W I bought from roger Sheridan for 450 or so

You may want to shop the price of new superior reproductions

I don't disagree, Albins makes pretty much any gear ratio for the 901. I was surprised when a guy from the UK contacted me about a used R I had and offered almost double what a new one cost before I even listed it for sale. Apparently originality has a value.

Cheers,
Scott
koozy
Yea, the NOS factory one I purchased was $750. Last year there were a couple on eBay for around the same price or slightly more but less than $900. Someone might pay what you are asking instead of waiting to find one or having one made. For some, $1500 isn't a lot of money. I spent $7K building a 901 for one of my race cars. Racing advantages are measured in fractions of a second. Those last few can be expensive. I use C for first gear. Eventually the market may catch up to your asking price but in my experience it isn't quite there yet. I would purchase it for $800 but would have one made before paying more.
Amenson
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 22 2017, 01:03 AM) *

Yea, the NOS factory one I purchased was $750. Last year there were a couple on eBay for around the same price or slightly more but less than $900. Someone might pay what you are asking instead of waiting to find one or having one made. For some, $1500 isn't a lot of money. I spent $7K building a 901 for one of my race cars. Racing advantages are measured in fractions of a second. Those last few can be expensive. I use C for first gear. Eventually the market may catch up to your asking price but in my experience it isn't quite there yet. I would purchase it for $800 but would have one made before paying more.

This is why I make it very clear in my post that I am open for offers. If it is worth $750 and that someone offers that, I will be perfectly happy.

Thanks,
Scott
bdstone914
PET only shows on 1 st gear. Is this for the main shaft with replacable gear and is it a different ratio than stock ?
koozy
[/quote]

This is why I make it very clear in my post that I am open for offers. If it is worth $750 and that someone offers that, I will be perfectly happy.

Thanks,
Scott
[/quote]

That is how understood what you said and I think that is very fair. I'd purchase it for $750 shipped to 95051, if you would accept. Should fit in a small flat rate box.

Mike
Amenson
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 22 2017, 11:37 AM) *

Thanks,
Scott

That is how understood what you said and I think that is very fair. I'd purchase it for $750 shipped to 95051, if you would accept. Should fit in a small flat rate box.

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the offer. You are the first at $750, another guy offered the same by PM after you. If I don't get a higher offer it is yours.

Cheers,
Scott
koozy
OK, thanks. How would you like payment?
Amenson
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 22 2017, 09:04 PM) *

OK, thanks. How would you like payment?

I'll get back to you via PM if it sells to you.
koozy
How long do you plan to shop my offer around before you make your decision?
sixaddict
So ...I thought this was not a bid site........

Where is Sir Andy on this one
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Amenson @ Jan 22 2017, 05:37 AM) *

Thanks,
Scott

This is bunk. Your statement above insinuates that you would take a $750 offer.
koozy
It doesn't look good on the surface but there could be a very good reason this transaction didn't go through. The seller may have had something come up that was more important than selling a car part on the internet. Let's give him the opportunity he deserves to get back to this exchange. Heck, what if he is dealing with an ailing family member, or a work commitment. I know we kinda have a gentleman's agreement between sellers and buyers on this site but things come up and maybe the seller doesn't sell much here. I don't know the guy and I have bought and sold LOTS of stuff here. We don't typically handle transactions like this but maybe where he typically sells they do. So, now we know and we wait to see what will come of this. I'm sure he gets pinged when folks comment on here so he will likely respond. I'm OK either way. I placed a good faith offer at the price he said he would be happy with. Maybe the extra $100 he is holding out for would make a big difference in his life. We don't know that so let's let him settle it in the way that works best for him.

Mike
sixaddict
You are a good man!

OR like any good man you understand sweet works much better than sour dry.gif dry.gif

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 24 2017, 04:28 PM) *

It doesn't look good on the surface but there could be a very good reason this transaction didn't go through. The seller may have had something come up that was more important than selling a car part on the internet. Let's give him the opportunity he deserves to get back to this exchange. Heck, what if he is dealing with an ailing family member, or a work commitment. I know we kinda have a gentleman's agreement between sellers and buyers on this site but things come up and maybe the seller doesn't sell much here. I don't know the guy and I have bought and sold LOTS of stuff here. We don't typically handle transactions like this but maybe where he typically sells they do. So, now we know and we wait to see what will come of this. I'm sure he gets pinged when folks comment on here so he will likely respond. I'm OK either way. I placed a good faith offer at the price he said he would be happy with. Maybe the extra $100 he is holding out for would make a big difference in his life. We don't know that so let's let him settle it in the way that works best for him.

Mike

Amenson
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jan 24 2017, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Amenson @ Jan 22 2017, 05:37 AM) *

Thanks,
Scott

This is bunk. Your statement above insinuates that you would take a $750 offer.

I doubt there is any way to reply to this without starting a shit storm so I will be as straight forward as possible.

I appreciate having an offer and it is high enough for me sell it instead of putting it back in the drawer for a few more years, but that does not mean that I am going to accept the offer immediately.

When I was selling the used "R" to a guy for much more than $750 he thought that the "C" was also quite desirable, just not right for his setup. I have other feedback from a reputable transmission builder that the fair price is also higher than the current offer. I also appreciate, and trust, koozy's feedback about what he paid for his last one but suspect that he is like me and really appreciates getting an exceptionally good value when purchasing parts, and he probably will but....

This is a part that has a very limited number of people who are possible buyers. It has been listed for sale here for two days and less on Pelican. This is not nearly enough time for potential buyers to have the opportunity to stumble on either post.

Cheers,
Scott

sixaddict
You are a good man!

OR like any smart man you understand sweet works much better than sour dry.gif dry.gif

Mike

koozy
No shit storm, Scott. Just forum rules. The "I'll take the highest offer" thing is kinda frowned upon in this setting. That is typically reserved for auctions.
koozy
The way I see it, we are doing just fine here. You have a list price, I have an offer. You are shopping it around to see if you can get more than I offered. How long do you plan to shop it around before you let me know?
koozy
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 24 2017, 04:37 PM) *

You are a good man!

OR like any smart man you understand sweet works much better than sour dry.gif dry.gif

Mike

Heck, I'm being very honest. I know how it is. Ya never know what kinda shit is going on in his life. Could be he really needs the cash, general uncertainty, greed, or simply wants to play the market game. No telling and it doesn't matter. It isn't that important. We're talking about a couple hundred bucks one way or another. There is a tiny market for this gear at this price. I know, because I use it. I only know of one other guy in my racing circles who also uses this ratio for first gear and he just bought one. $800 for a new one. I don't mind going that route and since my trans is already apart I may need to do that in the interest of time. Season starts March 11th so I'm moving on parts. Heck, I don't need this particular gear until the 2018 season when I do an engine swap so.... now that I think about it more, new may be the way to go. I'll sleep on it.
Amenson
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 24 2017, 07:46 PM) *

No shit storm, Scott. Just forum rules. The "I'll take the highest offer" thing is kinda frowned upon in this setting. That is typically reserved for auctions.

Please explain what is against forum rules to offer a part OBO and not accept the first offer that I get?
mlindner
+1 koosy.....need a price Then OBO, Not an auction site.
Amenson
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jan 24 2017, 08:42 PM) *

+1 koosy.....need a price Then OBO, Not an auction site.

Did you read the original post? It clearly list a price and OBO. I even acknowledge the rules requiring it.

Besides admitting that I do not know the value of my item is I am really unsure what is wrong with the post and have contacted a friend who buys/sells here often to get his candid feedback about what is going on here.

QUOTE(Amenson @ Jan 21 2017, 02:56 PM) *

As the title states, this is a NOS “C” first gear, including reverse idler.

I searched several placed to try to find the value of a “C” first but could not find a single one listed previously. If anybody knows of one having been listed please forward the listing to me.

I would prefer to list it strictly on offer but forum rules prohibit that so I will start at:

$1500 OBO Shipped CONUS

Paypal (fee free) or cash. I will ship overseas.

Real value could be well over or well under…I have no idea. Please feel free to make an offer.

scott@digitaldash.org

From what I can tell this was a ratio in an early 911 box so I will be listing it elsewhere and will evaluate offers after some time.

Regards,
Scott
sixaddict
Mike
All the conversation about this gear has really me curious.what is your application to require this 1st gear
Assume it is "taller" than std.
As I said just curious
TOT

QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 24 2017, 05:07 PM) *

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 24 2017, 04:37 PM) *

You are a good man!

Mike

Heck, I'm being very honest. I know how it is. Ya never know what kinda shit is going on in his life. Could be he really needs the cash, general uncertainty, greed, or simply wants to play the market game. No telling and it doesn't matter. It isn't that important. We're talking about a couple hundred bucks one way or another. There is a tiny market for this gear at this price. I know, because I use it. I only know of one other guy in my racing circles who also uses this ratio for first gear and he just bought one. $800 for a new one. I don't mind going that route and since my trans is already apart I may need to do that in the interest of time. Season starts March 11th so I'm moving on parts. Heck, I don't need this particular gear until the 2018 season when I do an engine swap so.... now that I think about it more, new may be the way to go. I'll sleep on it.

koozy
OK, you asked for it and I'm happy to oblige. Some would say the shopping around of an offer you said you would be happy with is slimy. You said you would be happy with $750 and I offered you $750. You said you had one more offer at the same price. That is looked at, by most, as the best offer. In some circles that is taken as unethical sales behavior. If I were the only one saying so I can see where you could be perplexed. When a group of reputable buyers and sellers are chiming in with the same opinion, you might want to take a closer look at this. As it sits, I'll just retract my offer and let this transaction continue without me. I truly hope you get the best possible price for this gear set and wish you the best in all of your affairs.

As for others commenting on this. Thank you very much for your support. I get it and I'll bow out now.

Mike
koozy
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 24 2017, 06:10 PM) *

Mike
All the conversation about this gear has really me curious.what is your application to require this 1st gear
Assume it is "taller" than std.
As I said just curious
TOT

Just a taller first gear. I like it for higher horsepower engines. Some folks just start in second gear with larger engines. This is just a different way to do it. Though, you need to be very careful. This is a fragile setup. Very easy to break a number of things, from CVs to the trans. No fun breaking expensive things. Ask me how I know. Ha ha ha

Amenson
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 24 2017, 09:17 PM) *

OK, you asked for it and I'm happy to oblige. Some would say the shopping around of an offer you said you would be happy with is slimy. You said you would be happy with $750 and I offered you $750. You said you had one more offer at the same price. That is looked at, by most, as the best offer. In some circles that is taken as unethical sales behavior. If I were the only one saying so I can see where you could be perplexed. When a group of reputable buyers and sellers are chiming in with the same opinion, you might want to take a closer look at this. As it sits, I'll just retract my offer and let this transaction continue without me. I truly hope you get the best possible price for this gear set and wish you the best in all of your affairs.

As for others commenting on this. Thank you very much for your support. I get it and I'll bow out now.

Mike

I generally don't sell parts but on the occasions that I have the sales have been very straight forward. This happens to be the first time that an interested buyer comments on the tread justifying a price half of the asking price without providing any reference, then makes a public offer at that price and gets pushy when I don't immediately accept it. Unethical buying practices, that is a strong statement but it could be seen as an attempt to take advantage me as a seller after I openly disclosed I was unsure of the value of the part.

You seem like you could be a decent guy and I will give you the benefit of the doubt but you might want to read back through the tread and consider your impact to this situation.

On my part I can see how coming into a sale without a firm value of the part lead to a misunderstanding of my intentions which was/is to sell a part at a fair price without getting taken advantage of.

It has been a pleasure,
Scott
rhodyguy
GLWTCS.
PancakePorsche
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 29 2017, 09:52 AM) *

GLWTCS.

Well said !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.