Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto Atlanta Review - 4.5 stars of 5
Lawrence
post Jun 28 2003, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 244
Region Association: None

I'm usually the first person to bitch and moan if something is wrong, so I try and make sure that I post when something is right.

Well, I got three big boxes from AA this week. I would have had them on Tuesday, but they were held by FedEx Ground while I was out of town.

Overall experience - 4.5 stars out of 5. 99% of the parts were there, on time. Price was the best out there, and they were the first vendor to respond to my email request for a price quote. There were a couple of backordered parts, fairly simple stuff, but no show-stoppers for my project.

I emailed George late yesterday, and got a prompt response that a sales rep would contact me on Monday. I will post a follow-up about the backorder.

All-in-all, as good or better experience than I've had with most of the "traditional favorites". Thanks, George - I appreciate your help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Jun 28 2003, 09:55 AM
Post #2

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

Rusty,

I'm glad that you have had a good experience with them.

However, based upon the experiences of others, I have never dealt with them. Your experience may have swayed me to consider AA. But, when I see a company engaged in the fraud and deceit being discussed in This Thread, I just put my wallet back in my pocket.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jun 28 2003, 11:16 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I haven't bought anything recently from them.
But I have bought parts from AA over the last 20 years.
The only problems I had was with the shipping department.
One time I received a shock sticking out of the side of the box.
Another time I waited weeks for a part.
I called them up and they said they only buy in bulk and they were waiting for more orders before buying the parts.
I wouldn't of minded if they would of called or wrote and let me know the status.
I cancelled the order and bought it somewhere else.
Besides the shipping department and packaging issues I have not had any problems with them.
There tech advice was very usefull and to the point.
The new and used parts I did receive were what I expected.
I have also read articles about AA on the web and some of them are pretty scary.
As always buyer beware especially with used parts or cars.

Steve
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 05:08 AM