Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome
drgchapman
post May 2 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #21

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Oh Grand Pubah... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/pray.gif) ....I need guidance. July 9-11 is a Sunday-Tuesday. Rooms booked for these days only, or for Friday and Saturday as well? This would make it July 7-11. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 5 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

craig pointed the Monarch out to me yesterday. great access to I-205, I-84, and I-5 is just a few miles down the road. there is a rest and lounge in the hotel, and other amenities are nearby. it is atleast as large as the Hampton in camarillo. if a local could check out the rooms/suites and report back with their assessment, this may be one of the pieces of the puzzle we could consider "in place". forward!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

k
+Quote Post
boxstr
post May 5 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #23

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12

The Monarch Motor Hotel is the host hotel for the Oregon PCA region Ranibonnet event held each year around Nov 7,8,9.
Rates are $89 and up. Gary Chapman ( thank you) has already been in touch withthem and other hotels. There will be more information posted when it arrives.
Craig C. Laughlin
+Quote Post
boxstr
post May 10 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #24

UPDATE: 5-10-05. Gary Chapman has been seeking out a hotel for the WCC 2006. So far we have replies from the Monarch and the Sweetbrier and the Hilton chain.. Gary is still waiting for more proposals to arrive.
Once we have these in hand I fell it would be time to firm up the lodging and the dates, we can then move on to a cost per attenedee, at least for lodging.
Always looking fo rmore input from those of you out there.
Craig
+Quote Post
morph
post May 10 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #25

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389

i have got posative responses from people like t mobile and parts suppliers.to be sponsers i dont want to get ahead of my self but i need a better picture of what i can offer them for there support.exposure i realize,and ive only been mentioning it.(i play on a pool leauge with some of these people)6 months from the event i want to start sealing some of these deals.so a idea of what, where,when ,and why.would be kool.and what support is needed?cash?donations?both?
james
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 19 2005, 09:11 AM
Post #26

what direction are we headed for a charity?

k
+Quote Post
boxstr
post May 19 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #27

I am going over to the Sweetbrier inn this weekend and taking the tour. That is th efirst steop in getting the lodging secured and then move down the line to a charity to align ourselves with.
I would be open to hear what people have in mind. The Special Olympics is good since we do have a short track record with them. The Vintage Races here in Portland has the Childrens Cancer fund, which is the recipient of the funds gathered at the autocross during the vintage races.
Craig
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post May 19 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #28

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

The LVR-PCA has a charity Auto-X every year. Instead of just writing a check, we require that the charity be involved in some way at the event. I think this makes if better for everyone. (plus WE get something back for our donation)

One year the charity was the Injured Police Officers Fund. They helped with registration and worked a few corners. One year it was Canine Companions for Independence. They sold donuts and coffee in the morning and hot dogs and sodas at lunch. Make a Wish is another good charity that was chosen in the past.

It is a 'Win / Win' situation if we can find a charity that is willing and able to be active in our event in some way.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Jun 14 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #29

John That doe's definetly sound like a win win way for all parties involved.

If anyone has any ideas for a charity that we might want to align ourselves with for the WCC 2006 please speak up, and lets get he ball rolling so we can get some discussion going on who we can and can't work with.
Thank you.
Craig C. Laughlin
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 6 2005, 09:04 AM
Post #30

just a thought. i doubt that we may be able to be as "cash happy" as the 05' version. i'm not sure if the 04' had alot of cash left over after exspenses, to donate. what's left over, is left over. i don't expect so many meals to be included. deciding on a charity seems to be a stumbling block. do we need to start planning a loose activity calendar? is the brierwood the offical spot for lodging?

k
+Quote Post
Howard
post Jul 6 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #31

Incontin(g)ent Member

Member No.: 943

Hi all. I invited myself to the planning party, and while not local, will help in any way possible. Here’s a start; things I learned from attending 2004 and steering 2005.

I did a number of polls to figure out what was wanted and tried to balance the wishes. No matter what dates or venues you choose, someone won’t like it. No big thing.

It has to be at least a 3 day (4 wouldn’t hurt) event to attract out of towners. Provide food and drink each time you want to gather the folks. It’s not expensive. We had free breakfasts at the hotels, each provided their banquet facilities at no charge, the Burger lunch and Mexican Fiesta cost less than $10 per head. An especially nice touch from the Inn of Lancaster; they turned on their soda machine and let us use the plates and silverware gratis. Don’t be afraid to ask for freebies or discounts. Hampton knocked $20 off their room rates.

It’s been said before, but nail the dates and rooms ASAP. Any charity is OK, and it really helps loosen sponsor wallets and get deals. The National Park Service (Paramount Ranch) charges $1500 to rent that facility, and that was budgeted. Since it was for charity, when the bill came, it was $500. All the stuff in the goodie bags was donated. The shirts and hats were paid for by ‘914’ sponsors.

But with the notable exception of Camp914 (thanks Craig), the cash contributions came from outside the 914 community, and only because of the charity affiliation. Pick one and get them involved now. That’s what made 2005 a cash cow. Take a look at the P/L. I have no idea how 2004 did, but I guess it made some money.

2005 Events (for those who did not attend or were too hung over to remember). Friday night early bird pizza. Saturday breakfast welcome, tour/poker run/lunch party. Sunday breakfast, then meandered out to Lancaster with another tour, tech session/parking lot party/karaoke fiesta. Monday breakfast, track and lunch. Seven meals and 3 ½ days of partying for $150, bring a guest free. And some people still bitched about the cost. Oh well.

I’m not a fan of tagging on to other club’s events. The 2004 A/X was a bit painful at times, and the 2005 track day lunch was worse. Strongly advise you throw your own party. I’d rather spend the day at the legendary Camp 914 for a tech session/BBQ and buy a bunch of stuff I don’t really need than to sit in the grandstands and watch people I don’t know race.

If I had it to do over again. I would have tried a little harder not to piss off all the admins and make it a 914world.com event. The only cost to the club would be special event insurance, about $500 for a non racing 3 day event, and that could be paid from the entry fees. We could have gotten a ton of publicity with ‘the club’ donating the $$. Think giant sized check being handed to the charity. I just mailed them the money.

+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 8 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #32

i guess what i was trying to say was, you set the bar pretty damn high howard (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif). i think the first attendence poll was conducted pretty early on. the poker run was a great idea. if we do the mt. hood loop, that might be something to include. the loop will be a pretty full day of driving. count me in for logistical/ground support during the event. there were those in cal that worked their asses off while we were having a high time. i think the brierwood has some sort of banquet/conf facility on premise. the cont b-fast was good. i know they have a bar and a resturant. good food, esp the steaks. howard what day did you arrive in camarillo? wed or thurs?

rooms were $75 for a double, which is less than we paid anywhere on the trip. perhaps there will be a discount and we might be able to get them all grouped together if we get in early enough. so... do a poll, give 2,3, or 4 weeks to choose from and lets see where it goes. if people have to give it some thought, they can start planning their calendars.

k

k

This post has been edited by rhodyguy: Jul 8 2005, 10:49 PM
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Jul 8 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #33

Thank you Howard for stepping in and offering up some excellent advise from someone who has been there.
Gary Chapman has looked at a few hotels, Monarch, Sweetbrier and the ones out at Jantzen Beach, also a couple Downtown Portland. Thank you Gary.
I think that after a tour of the Sweetbrier it is the choice for event hotel. We can get a good rate and they will be able to accomadate a large group and they are well located for other outside activites.
We will get the lodging nailed down and then we can move on to the charity and trying to get some funds ponied up for the 2006 WCC in PDX.
Craig C. Laughlin
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Jul 12 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #34

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

I was off Autocrossing and didn't go to the Historics.
Did they have an Autocross?
Regardless, if we are going to have one we would be better off renting the PIR infield and doing our own. Have the equipment (probably) & folks needed (fur sure) to pull it off ...on our own terms with the permission of the ORPCA for use of their stuff. We have a good friend in the board member in charge of competition.

+Quote Post
boxstr
post Jul 12 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #35

Jp Yes I was there all weekend. They did have an autocross. Very much like ht eone last year, longer in length and less of a threat to people and vehicles in the surrounding area.
That is a very good idea about our using the infield and the ORPCA equipment. Can you look into the costs for infield rental and any other items we might need.

Gary What do we need to do to secure the Sweetbrier for the WCC in 2006??
Thanks
Craig
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 19 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #36

what about the charity suggestion al made? i know it's a long way off, but i plan on being down from the wed before until the dust settles. i just need to know a DATE to mark on the calendar. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif) a morning soak and wrap at carson hotsprings resort on the thurs before. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)

k
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Jul 25 2005, 05:37 AM
Post #37

ELVIRA

Member No.: 481

Are there any updates available on the exact dates and / or host hotel?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 2 2005, 07:27 AM
Post #38

your guess is as good as mine. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)

k
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 2 2005, 09:27 AM
Post #39

Planning to get back on the WCC track again this week.
CCL
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Aug 10 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #40

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789

To secure the Sweetbrier......sign a contract......put up some $$$...not sure how much. Pretty simple.

Gary
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 05:51 PM