Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
seanery
Thanks for coming.

It looks as though Craig and the PACNW folks are ready to roll. There are folks who will be willing to help you out. Don't hesitate to ask some for help. Jeroen and I are more than happy to help with Graphics, shirts, etc...

-sean
J P Stein
Jest proud to be here...proud, I tell ya.
morph
i threw my hat bieng a local.(volinteer)
my phone is 503-551-6191 lets put portland on the 914 map!
james
ablose58
I am in to help wherever I can smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
clap.gif Looks like we're on our way folks. I was hoping this would happen. Ahhhhhhh... July and tops off 914's smilie_pokal.gif

I'm smilin' Man, smile.gif I'm smilin! smile.gif

.........b
boxstr
Good morning everyone. Well I guess this is the start of the long road to WCC 2006. I feel that the Portland Historics will help to give everyone who attends an outlet for there need to be around cars and also be able to run there car in an Autocross, and hopefully the PIR track on Monday if we can get enough paying support.

I am would like to see a gathering of as many 914s as we can get into the car corral at the July 9-10-11 2005 Portland Historics. Go to
http://www.portlandhistorics.com for more info. If any one from out of town wants to come down and needs to arrange for tickets let me know. The local Porsche club has a very good three day package for $40.00.

A large number of people from Seattle area have spoken up to help out. Thanks. It will be a long distance but I know we can use your help and support. Thanks.

I know there are more Oregon people that we havent heard from yet. Spread the word, if you know someone who owns a 914 and you think they would like tot help, have them email me and we can get them onboard.

One thing I want to do this year is have a raffle for a 914 running driving car. CAMP 914 has a car that can be used, parts and goodies from vendors, 914 owners, will be used and will be recognized as a supporter of the raffle car.
If anyone has experience with a raffle please speak up.
Thats all for this morning. CCL
drgchapman
The Chapman's are players. Here are some of our thoughts:

I made a tentative reservation at the Mcmenamin's Edgefield yesterday for the WCC -06 dates........they are almost full!!!!!!
WE need to get a hotel lined out ASAP. Something big going on in addition to the historic races?
We need to try Double Tree, Monarch, or Greenwood Inn in Beaverton, any other ideas? There are also some RV parks to look at, one in Wilsonville......

Catering is pretty easy, just need to know what flavor vittles to get. My favorite for this type of thing is Texas BBQ. There are several vendors to contact. Other food ideas?

Generally when a block of rooms is reserved, a meeting room is included. This should be a consideration. Monarch has a "small room" we used for Rainbonnet last year.

Race track for Monday should be a prime goal as well.

Rally up the mountain....Timberline, Meadows, Hood river loop is cool, stop at Edgefield on the way back.....to bad no rooms.

Rally to the beach, via Tillamook, Seaside then back

Rally to the Willamette wine country.....might be a beer only crowd, wine and cheesers may need to lay low?

Need a gathering place to swap lies, drink, admire the cars at least one evening, remember long daylight days.
boxstr
Gary I was hoping that Jim would take a look at the lodging available at Jantzen beach. He has not chimed in, so I am not sure if he wants to get involved??
The reason I pick Jantzen beach is proxsimity to PIR, and the hotels are big enough we could have a room set aside for dining or just a meet and greet.
There is also Kennedy school. Been there once. They have lodging.
BBQ could be Uncle Wally in Wilsonville or Busters. They will cater events.
One thing that went over well was a low key swap meet. That should be included.
CCL
Porsche Rescue
Ah, to be young and full of exuberance again, but I think you guys are way ahead of yourselves. I raise the following issues/questions, in no particular order, which need to be answered before anybody reserves rooms (if it requires a contract and/or $ up front). I spent much of my adult life organizing group events and have watched my wife organize 2 national conferences so have some experience. It is a hell of a lot of work with a devil's load of details and little thanks but lots of pissing and moaning from every direction.

1. You need firm dates. To have firm dates you need a calendar of planned events.

2. As I see it all you have is the Historic Races. Which, by the way, I do not think is a good idea. It is a 3 day event. If people have tickets some will go once, some twice and some all the time. The focus of participants should be club members and 914's. Real hard to plan group activities and group meals while guessing at attendance. We can only hope at this point that the AX can be done or is worth doing. Adding 40 cars to what was happening there last year will be a disaster, unless you like to wait in a long line for a 20 second run. Also, the races preclude all the fine touring Gary mentioned, never mind golf and swap meet which Craig has mentioned. Ten people at the races, 10 on the golf course, 20 driving to the coast and 10 in the bar do not make for a successful event.

3. As I said in one of the other threads, a WCC in Portland should be scenic touring/driving, eating, socializing. People can AX and go to the races in their home area all summer long.

4. I think 3 nights is all you can expect of people staying in motels.
If WCC 05 is a pattern, they stay in Portland Fri, Sat, Sun nights and leave on Monday. Those from WA may well show up Sat. am and leave Sun. pm. Portlanders will stay at home. The Californians and others from afar will be here longer but they will be a smaller group than in 04 and 05 when the WCC was local to them.

5. I do not think we have a chance in hell of getting the track on Monday. First, they may well be picking up the pieces from Sunday.
Even so, I do not think insurance comes with track rental. I believe you need to be an organization with insurance to indemnify the city in order to rent the track. We are not an organization. JP will soon know the answer to this I think.

6. I can certainly call the Red Lion Jantzen Beach (hotel on west of freeway is now closed pending decision to turn into condos) and ask about procedures and general availability that weekend. However, right now I don't think anyone can tell me the exact nights we want to reserve nor do I have a guess at how many rooms.

As I used to tell my union leaders, plan the work then work the plan. Right now I see lots of ideas but no plan.

Now, aren't you glad I chimed in!

J P Stein
What Jim says makes a lot of sense....kinda odd for a 914 guy biggrin.gif

What I do know about the track.
They do rent it out to individuals. I'll email Don Clinkbeard (DE chair)for the insurance info.

I agree again about all the activities. Keep them few.
The big area at the west end of the pro pits was...near as I could see, unused last year.... Camp ground/meetig place?
The track has lotso racers camping out during multi-day events....that may require a special pass. This *could* become the center of activities.....the boozers can find a hotel biggrin.gif

Attendence: Who knows? At least 50, but maybe 3 times that.
We won't have a clue till we ask and won't *know* till the money comes in. BTW, boss. You'll prolly have to open a special bank account.

We may have to take over the Historics AX...maybe even this year. (I'm hoping this is not the case and "they" have their shit together.) This is gonna require volunteers working the course for 2 days...Sat & Sun...at least 20 people 4hrs each, each day, 2hr roatations. ....a stinker.

I gotta go work on my car.
boxstr
Jim who?? I am glad that you chimed in . It is a long way before the WCC 2006, so we have alot of time to toss around ideas and then see who salutes. I personally like the Historics as an event to give the attendees a place to gather and meet and see other cars.
I also feel that if the hotel is close to the track it will make it easier for people to come and go and they won't feel trapped by having to make a long drive to there room.
Dates are July 7,8 and 9 2006.
People who come to these events "want" to race there car in some form or another. If you read the thread for PDX in 2006 this is the point I see coming from at least half of the people who want to attend.
I think we have to see what JP finds out about the track on Monday before we trash that idea.
If we do have numerous events , golf,tour to wine country. the gorge etc. Then what we should look at is a dinner each evening and a set time for people to attend. The historic events are over at @ 4pm each day.Whether it be at the hotel or another location, such as a BBQ or whatever. That way everyone can go do there thing and then comeback with everyone else and share the days adventures with each other.
If this isn't an acceptable plan to everyone then lets explore another one. Speak up let me know what you think.
CCL
rick 918-S
I'm not from PW But I'm here to help with the Trophies for the "06" I handled them for "04" I posted a list from "04" If you want anything added let me know.

Ok, Here's the classes we had in "04"

- Best original /4 Size for this group of trophies
- Best original /6
- Best V8 conversion
- Best other conversion
-Best paint
-Best Interior

-Best Custom (more than 4 mods any non factory style body kits, mods to include interior mods)
-People's Choice Overall Best of WCC Any car in any class one can win this.

Overall Best of WCC. Will be the center piece with a taller base. This will be the premier trophy of the event.

The above are peoples choice. total 8 peoples choice awards. That shouldn't be too hard.

On the Long Distance awards ..... These will be plaques Size TBA

Long distance Overseas.
Long distance 914 (on a trailer)
Long distance driving a 914.

These will be presented by the planning committee.

These awards are nice recognition.

-EDIT: The above will be tallied and presented by the planning group. We will know location by pre-entry.

The "04" event had a tech quiz. We may want a 914 guru to handle this.

We had an Acrylic wall plaque's made for this catagory

4 for the planners to present. this should be do-able.

We may also want to do trophies for different classes in the Auto-X

If we end up having an AX This is what we did,

AX classes:

Stock: 1,2,3 First place sizes were 8" X 4" 2nd and third were 6" X 4" These were Sponsored By Raby's Aircooled Technology in "04"

Improved 1,2,3
Race 1,2,3
Most improved time (Plaque) Size TBA
Cone King (Plaque)

Someone with AX experience can chime in if other classes are needed,

9 trophies and 2 plaques for the AX planers to present. This should be ok.

Best Candid Photo of the event.

People can post their photos like after "04" and we could poll from a select set of pics for the popular choice winner. Then send the award by mail after the event. I'll make the photo trophy and we can have a contest on the BBS after the event. This will help promote interest in this event and next years event. This is a future promo to get peoples gears turning and thinking of this event and the next event at the same time. Good marketing.

Club will decide this one. it should be done as a plaque.

The total of 17 Trophies and 7 Plaques. But the actual peoples choice is only 8.

We will also need Sponor awards T.B.A. I'm purposing plaques for sponors.
boxstr
Rich Thanks very much, that is alot of information on trophies. We will definetly have to remeber them in 2006.
CCLINWCC2006
boxstr
Okay I think we need to get one thing out of the way first. That would be the hotel. If we can't get one for the dates we want July 7,8,9. Then we have to look at an alternative date.
Also here is a new plan.
Monarch Motor hotel near Clackamas town center. They have over 200 rooms.
Friday Meet and greet and dinner at Stark St pizza, they cater to car clubs.
Sat. Historic races, then dinner across the river at Beaches.
Sunday Tech session's at the hotel 9-12 noon, lunch at hotel or a box lunch then up the gorge after lunch,then a catered dinner BBQ or ??
Monday PIR track day, maybe.
CCL
drgchapman
This looks like a good planning group. We seem to gravitate together on these things. All good input. We need to whittle 'er down a little and set out an agenda that we can all execute. We are getting close..........

Hotel, Hotel, Hotel. After checking Edgefield, I'm concerned about housing. We need to jump on this ASAP. Craig has nailed down the dates, we need to jump......somehow. The historic racers may grab up the Jantzen Beach rooms. We need options. I like Monarch, Greenwood Inn. Don't forget Double Tree downtown...maybe not enough room for cars? Reserve a block of 50-60 rooms?

The track would be great, sounds like folks want to run with/against each other on the track. Understandable after a year of smack talking on the forum. I would love to see a track day, but I don't think it is a deal killer. We have so much touring that could be done.

Uncle Wally's here in Wilsonville is awesome. We've used them several times.

Sponsors. We will need to get on this, to offset reservation costs. Rounding them up is more difficult. Maybe take the charity route that Howard used this year? AA, HPH, PCA, Raby, Pelican, Hoosier. Not sure how willing local vendors would be to participate, except CAMP 914. Are you supplying car, Craig?

Raffling a car will increase attendance somewhat, not sure how much though.

rhodyguy
ok. i too agree on the vintage conflict. i will drive down for that alone. it usually falls 2 weeks after the sovren races at SIR over the 4th of july. with all the driving we did the past 2 years DURING the WCC, there's not much time for sitting in the grandstands.

the idea of a worthy charitable org will help with pulling in sponsors. special olympics, or which ever can be decided on. i spoke with jeanne about contacting some of the parrents of current and past students. rich griot of griot's garage, my neighbor works for a large constuction supply outfit who's owner and son are p-car guys. my attorney is on the board of the Parks Family Foundation, one of his cousins is moving up the ranks in the sovren group... my lovely wife is willing to help put the touch on some of these folks and others to get us in the door. would just staying with S.O. give us more credibility?

k
boxstr
I am going to have Korijo put the touch on some sponsors also. Maybe he would be able to give us the name of a charitable organization that he favors also. S.O. is a good one I won't rule it out completely.
Kevin tell your wife thank you very much for the effort she is going to to help the WCC move forward.

I would like someone to say I will take the lead on the hotels. Gary you seem to have already been in contact with a couple of them. Do you want that job? If yes let me know.

If any of you have a particular task that you want to tackle please speak up. I want everyone to feel they have a place in this and I need your input. So don't hold back.

Sponsors, if you can think of any one who we can use as a sponsor, they can contribute money or goodies to the raffle or silent auction, please let us know who they are. We will contact them when we are further along in the final phases.
CCL
rhodyguy
howard mentioned that he expected some local press re the wcc and s.o. locally, atleast. credibility and a the ability to deliver go a long way roping the folks in. i bet s.o. would provide a letter of introduction if h. asked. not to be pushy, determining the charitable recipient should be paramount as we go forward. right at the top of the list with settling on a base location. if i'm going to send my wife out she needs to give people facts, not "all net proceeds will go to SOME charitable organization". you guys figure it out and we'll fire up the engines.

k
boxstr
Kevin, You have done polls before. Since the WCC 2005 is still fresh in the memories of most who attended. Would you put together a poll and ask who and how many are thinking of attending the WCC 2006 in Portland Oregon.
Any thing else you can think of to add to it is fine.

Also there are other planning ideas that we can glean from on the Protected Forum section for th e WCC 2004-5.
Password is wcclassic.
CCL
drgchapman
Here in PDX, Special Olympics already owns the July 4th Blues festival. They make a killing on that and are the envy of every other charitable organization in the area. Dornbeckers, a local darling charity, is a good one, probably get some news coverage as well if desired.

The hotel thing is big. I'll start taking that on. Is there a particular price point we are looking at? I liked Edgefield as it has a variety of choices and prices, but......they say they are almost full.

Jantzen beach Double Tree, Downtown Double Tree is close, Convention Center Double tree comes to mind, big rooms for meetings-car show. I'm stuck on Double Tree....any other ideas before I jump in?
drgchapman
Oh Grand Pubah... pray.gif ....I need guidance. July 9-11 is a Sunday-Tuesday. Rooms booked for these days only, or for Friday and Saturday as well? This would make it July 7-11. confused24.gif
rhodyguy
craig pointed the Monarch out to me yesterday. great access to I-205, I-84, and I-5 is just a few miles down the road. there is a rest and lounge in the hotel, and other amenities are nearby. it is atleast as large as the Hampton in camarillo. if a local could check out the rooms/suites and report back with their assessment, this may be one of the pieces of the puzzle we could consider "in place". forward!! smile.gif

k
boxstr
The Monarch Motor Hotel is the host hotel for the Oregon PCA region Ranibonnet event held each year around Nov 7,8,9.
Rates are $89 and up. Gary Chapman ( thank you) has already been in touch withthem and other hotels. There will be more information posted when it arrives.
Craig C. Laughlin
boxstr
UPDATE: 5-10-05. Gary Chapman has been seeking out a hotel for the WCC 2006. So far we have replies from the Monarch and the Sweetbrier and the Hilton chain.. Gary is still waiting for more proposals to arrive.
Once we have these in hand I fell it would be time to firm up the lodging and the dates, we can then move on to a cost per attenedee, at least for lodging.
Always looking fo rmore input from those of you out there.
Craig
morph
i have got posative responses from people like t mobile and parts suppliers.to be sponsers i dont want to get ahead of my self but i need a better picture of what i can offer them for there support.exposure i realize,and ive only been mentioning it.(i play on a pool leauge with some of these people)6 months from the event i want to start sealing some of these deals.so a idea of what, where,when ,and why.would be kool.and what support is needed?cash?donations?both?
james
rhodyguy
what direction are we headed for a charity?

k
boxstr
I am going over to the Sweetbrier inn this weekend and taking the tour. That is th efirst steop in getting the lodging secured and then move down the line to a charity to align ourselves with.
I would be open to hear what people have in mind. The Special Olympics is good since we do have a short track record with them. The Vintage Races here in Portland has the Childrens Cancer fund, which is the recipient of the funds gathered at the autocross during the vintage races.
Craig
VegasRacer
The LVR-PCA has a charity Auto-X every year. Instead of just writing a check, we require that the charity be involved in some way at the event. I think this makes if better for everyone. (plus WE get something back for our donation)

One year the charity was the Injured Police Officers Fund. They helped with registration and worked a few corners. One year it was Canine Companions for Independence. They sold donuts and coffee in the morning and hot dogs and sodas at lunch. Make a Wish is another good charity that was chosen in the past.

It is a 'Win / Win' situation if we can find a charity that is willing and able to be active in our event in some way.
boxstr
John That doe's definetly sound like a win win way for all parties involved.

If anyone has any ideas for a charity that we might want to align ourselves with for the WCC 2006 please speak up, and lets get he ball rolling so we can get some discussion going on who we can and can't work with.
Thank you.
Craig C. Laughlin
rhodyguy
just a thought. i doubt that we may be able to be as "cash happy" as the 05' version. i'm not sure if the 04' had alot of cash left over after exspenses, to donate. what's left over, is left over. i don't expect so many meals to be included. deciding on a charity seems to be a stumbling block. do we need to start planning a loose activity calendar? is the brierwood the offical spot for lodging?

k
Howard
Hi all. I invited myself to the planning party, and while not local, will help in any way possible. Here’s a start; things I learned from attending 2004 and steering 2005.

I did a number of polls to figure out what was wanted and tried to balance the wishes. No matter what dates or venues you choose, someone won’t like it. No big thing.

It has to be at least a 3 day (4 wouldn’t hurt) event to attract out of towners. Provide food and drink each time you want to gather the folks. It’s not expensive. We had free breakfasts at the hotels, each provided their banquet facilities at no charge, the Burger lunch and Mexican Fiesta cost less than $10 per head. An especially nice touch from the Inn of Lancaster; they turned on their soda machine and let us use the plates and silverware gratis. Don’t be afraid to ask for freebies or discounts. Hampton knocked $20 off their room rates.

It’s been said before, but nail the dates and rooms ASAP. Any charity is OK, and it really helps loosen sponsor wallets and get deals. The National Park Service (Paramount Ranch) charges $1500 to rent that facility, and that was budgeted. Since it was for charity, when the bill came, it was $500. All the stuff in the goodie bags was donated. The shirts and hats were paid for by ‘914’ sponsors.

But with the notable exception of Camp914 (thanks Craig), the cash contributions came from outside the 914 community, and only because of the charity affiliation. Pick one and get them involved now. That’s what made 2005 a cash cow. Take a look at the P/L. I have no idea how 2004 did, but I guess it made some money.

2005 Events (for those who did not attend or were too hung over to remember). Friday night early bird pizza. Saturday breakfast welcome, tour/poker run/lunch party. Sunday breakfast, then meandered out to Lancaster with another tour, tech session/parking lot party/karaoke fiesta. Monday breakfast, track and lunch. Seven meals and 3 ½ days of partying for $150, bring a guest free. And some people still bitched about the cost. Oh well.

I’m not a fan of tagging on to other club’s events. The 2004 A/X was a bit painful at times, and the 2005 track day lunch was worse. Strongly advise you throw your own party. I’d rather spend the day at the legendary Camp 914 for a tech session/BBQ and buy a bunch of stuff I don’t really need than to sit in the grandstands and watch people I don’t know race.

If I had it to do over again. I would have tried a little harder not to piss off all the admins and make it a 914world.com event. The only cost to the club would be special event insurance, about $500 for a non racing 3 day event, and that could be paid from the entry fees. We could have gotten a ton of publicity with ‘the club’ donating the $$. Think giant sized check being handed to the charity. I just mailed them the money.

rhodyguy
i guess what i was trying to say was, you set the bar pretty damn high howard smilie_pokal.gif. i think the first attendence poll was conducted pretty early on. the poker run was a great idea. if we do the mt. hood loop, that might be something to include. the loop will be a pretty full day of driving. count me in for logistical/ground support during the event. there were those in cal that worked their asses off while we were having a high time. i think the brierwood has some sort of banquet/conf facility on premise. the cont b-fast was good. i know they have a bar and a resturant. good food, esp the steaks. howard what day did you arrive in camarillo? wed or thurs?

rooms were $75 for a double, which is less than we paid anywhere on the trip. perhaps there will be a discount and we might be able to get them all grouped together if we get in early enough. so... do a poll, give 2,3, or 4 weeks to choose from and lets see where it goes. if people have to give it some thought, they can start planning their calendars.

k

k
boxstr
Thank you Howard for stepping in and offering up some excellent advise from someone who has been there.
Gary Chapman has looked at a few hotels, Monarch, Sweetbrier and the ones out at Jantzen Beach, also a couple Downtown Portland. Thank you Gary.
I think that after a tour of the Sweetbrier it is the choice for event hotel. We can get a good rate and they will be able to accomadate a large group and they are well located for other outside activites.
We will get the lodging nailed down and then we can move on to the charity and trying to get some funds ponied up for the 2006 WCC in PDX.
Craig C. Laughlin
J P Stein
I was off Autocrossing and didn't go to the Historics.
Did they have an Autocross?
Regardless, if we are going to have one we would be better off renting the PIR infield and doing our own. Have the equipment (probably) & folks needed (fur sure) to pull it off ...on our own terms with the permission of the ORPCA for use of their stuff. We have a good friend in the board member in charge of competition.

boxstr
Jp Yes I was there all weekend. They did have an autocross. Very much like ht eone last year, longer in length and less of a threat to people and vehicles in the surrounding area.
That is a very good idea about our using the infield and the ORPCA equipment. Can you look into the costs for infield rental and any other items we might need.

Gary What do we need to do to secure the Sweetbrier for the WCC in 2006??
Thanks
Craig
rhodyguy
what about the charity suggestion al made? i know it's a long way off, but i plan on being down from the wed before until the dust settles. i just need to know a DATE to mark on the calendar. unsure.gif a morning soak and wrap at carson hotsprings resort on the thurs before. aktion035.gif

k
VegasRacer
Are there any updates available on the exact dates and / or host hotel?
rhodyguy
your guess is as good as mine. blink.gif

k
boxstr
Planning to get back on the WCC track again this week.
CCL
drgchapman
To secure the Sweetbrier......sign a contract......put up some $$$...not sure how much. Pretty simple.

Gary
boxstr
I am trying to meet with Marianne this week to secure the Sweetbrier.
Kevin, can you contact Al and ask him about the charity that he was recommending that I forgot to reply to and he thought I was mad at him but I am not. Thanks.
Craig
rhodyguy
do you think it might just be faster to spend 10 minutes drivng over to the SB from camp?unsure.gif i'll have him contact you craig. i haven't spoke with him for awhile. so you know, it was ronald mcdonald house. big tie in with the large commercial bakery he works for. pin the date down. NOW!!!

k
boxstr
Went over to the Sweetbrier on Friday and was told by a very suprised and somewhat shocked staff that the Sweetbrier is going to be closed and converted into office space. They had just been told that morning.
Glad I found out Friday and not July 1st 2006.
Okay on to the Monarch Motor Hotel. This is where they host the local PCA Rainbonnet event each November. It seems like it works each year for that and I see no reason why it won't work for the WCC 2006.
I will let everyone know the outcome after it happens.
Craig C. Laughlin
boxstr
Spoke to Chris Howland, Director of Sales and we can get the Monarch Motor Hotel July 7,8 and 9. 50 rooms 100 people and 50 cars.
Rooms are $89. per single or double,+ 7% room tax.
We will have a meet and greet room, and banquet rooms if we need them. They do require a guarantee of 75 accumulative room nights will be required. Meeting room rental will be waived with banquet purchase of a minimum of $3000. That would be $60 per person with 50 people.
They have a website www.monarchhotel.com
Ths Local Porsche club holds the Rainbonnet event here each November. This is a two day event
Friday 12Noon Car wash/Display
2-9pm Regisration
2pm Exhibit Setup
ETC.
with meet and greet and registration,exhibit setups, and and on Friday and tech sessions and lunch on Sat. a dinner Sat night and lunch on So the hotel is used to having Porsche owners hanging around, I am not so sure they have seen the 914 owners yet?
Gary can you chime in with your thoughts on the Monarch and the requirements they have.
Craig
VegasRacer
Here is a link to the Monarch Hotel home page. (It is dot cc not dot com) They have a total of 192 rooms. The minimun 75 room nights should not be a problem. 3 grand for a banquet seems like a lot.

I did not see that they offered a continental breakfast. That was something we had at both of the host hotels the pervious 2 years and it seemed to be a good thing.
boxstr
John The reason they don't offer the Continental breakfast is they have a restaurant on site. So they don't want to take business away from them.
I havent gotten the contract in hand yet but I wuill share with the forum its contents when it arrives.
Craig
boxstr
I got some good news today. I saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO.
Actually the lady from Monarch Hotel called and informed me that if we did not need to use a large banquet room we could get the cost cut from $3000 to $1500. I think this could work out alot better. I don't think we need the large banquet room and can use the Monarch Hall. This would be used for the regisration, meet and greet and a number of other gatherings.
I am going to see about getting a continental breakfast, I will let you all know.
I am going to get his place nailed down so that we can work on other parts of WCC 2006.
Craig
VegasRacer
Craig, sorry but I don't understand the $1500 charge. Is that just to use an empty room for registration? With no food or banquet? We are not the 911 crowd of CW's. Hanging out in the parking lot suits me just fine

I do understand that they rent the banquet halls for meetings and such. It is just that every hotel I have ever worked with for a convention activity has provided free hospitality rooms or some other perk for bringing in a large group.

I know you are doing everything you can to get us the best deal at the best location.
We will support you 91.4% with whatever you decide. wink.gif
boxstr
Just got off the phone with Monarch. We can get trio of rooms one at $169.00, king size bed, big screen TV, dining room, sofa,mini bar, two chairs, someone can stay there, John? They are ajoining two queen (standard) rooms $89.00 so we can use all three at one time for meet and greet and registration. And general meeting place.
By doing this we will not have the banquet size room, which we probably don't need.
They will provide an area to wash cars, or whatever, also hoses and towels for drying cars, and Barry Mcgiuar will be there to ask you if you are "Car Crazy" .
Craig
VegasRacer
I will gladly donate the use of my 914 if Barry wants to put on a demonstration of the proper way to wash, wax and detail a teener. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.