Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rhodyguy
alllrighty then. out front with the dates and wait for the grumbling. point out the ++++. ask for definite show ups. we will be dicked if "THEY'RE/WE'RE/I'M IN", commitments are made, and then an excuse at the last minute. it will be interesting to see how many nor'westers will show, that haven't haven't in the past, due to the "distance". good work craig. will barry be polishing or singing "eve of distruction"?

k
boxstr
Okay girls and boys, it is time to get busy. Would someone please volunter to take on the sponsors. Goal:Contact them and ask for money and give them what ever they want. I would llike to work with somone, on who to contact, amounts needed, also what events we will need sponsored. Alot of this will be from the past two WCCs so it will be laid out for you and we will contact previous sposnors so it won't be like they havent been here before.
Thank you
Craig
boxstr
If anyone that wants to volunter or already has voluntered, and you need to speak to me,you can call me at 503-799-5794. Leave a VM if I don't pickup.
Also you can fax me at 503-699-8321.
Craig
Jeroen
plan your financials first... (so you know how much to ask for)
have sponsor packages ready

generally, they don't wanna put a lot of time in this sorta thing (it's already costing them money biggrin.gif), so if they can pick an amount/package quickly and be done with it, the greater your chance of pulling them in

lemme know if you need some official looking letter heads or other stuff like that

do you think it's worthwhile to put up a WCC ad in Excellence?
ablose58
OK, I spoke to our plant super and we are gonna get some cashola smilie_pokal.gif Are we going to have the ronald mcdonald house as the recipient as the beneficiary of the event? If so I will need some sort of an official letterhead and I also was wondering if we are having a event program? I also want to hit up some of our vendors so if we get donations from them we can give them advertisement in the program for said donations?? gud idea no? AL
rhodyguy
well, the poll was sure a bust. it's buried god knows how many pages back now. if it could be nailed, it will sit at the bottom since no one can reply to it, but would be there for all to see. have fun weeding through the announcement thread, and all the chatter it contains craig.

k
Jeroen
hey kevin,

sorry I haven't replied to your pm yet...
bussy, bussy, bussy wacko.gif

anyway... I'll nail the poll a.s.a.p (and wade through the other nailed threads to see if I can clean em up a little)

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
ok... the poll is nailed
boxstr
Al Thank you very much. I will get some official letterhead from Jeroen, and we can also put the vendors on the various items that get handed out to all who attend.
I will look through some of last years items an dthe previous to see how it was handled also.
Thank you again.
Jeroen Let me know what you need so I can get the official letterhead and anything else that you think might help.
Cost on an ad in Excellence?
Thank you everyoen who has helped out.
Those of you who voluintered to help out on contacting potential sponsors, thank you. And I will pick someone, as soon as someone volunters. Come on, all they can do is say "yes I would love to help out by sending you a check."
Craig
Jeroen
Craig, just PM me what ever info you want on the letterhead (address, phone, fax, what ever) and what size paper you're using (legal? letter?) and I'll put something together

The add in Excellence wasn't cheap ($800 for a full color IIRC)
Check with Pete, maybe he can cut us a deal or sumptin...
B/W could also be an option
Depending on exposure needs/budget, it may be worth considering (or maybe not)
boxstr
Jeroen, I would use 8 1/2 by 10 sheet paper with my name and address on the letterhead.
Craig C. Laughlin 1580 Bedford Ct.
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
Do you need to also put West Coast Classic 2006 ?
Phone # 503-799-5794 fax 503-699-8321 and email camp914@comcast.net
I think that covers it.
Thank you
Craig
Jeroen
I'll dig into it a.s.a.p.
VegasRacer
icon_bump.gif for an update confused24.gif user posted image unsure.gif
Jeroen
crap... headbang.gif
Craig I promissed you a letter head
I'll try and get it to you tonight

Sometimes I'm just too busy and I forget stuff
Please just send me a reminder if I do
boxstr
We have a big sponsor that we are going to hopefully get a major donation from. But I am just waiting to get WCC 2006 letterheads so that we can start sending out requests to the sponsors.
Hotel has been selected. Monarch Motor Hotel.
Main thing now is getting the letters out.
Craig C. Laughlin
Jeroen
Craig,

The letterhead is in your mailbox...
Try and see if it works for ya
If you need changes, lemme know

Like I said, sometimes I'm bussy and I tend to forget some of the stuff I need to get done
If I do, just whoop my ass spank.gif to get things done biggrin.gif
Jeroen
Craig, did you receive the letterhead?
boxstr
Received, although I have been trying to resize it to fit on the bottom of an 8x10 sheet of letter paper.
Help
Craig
Jeroen
craig... are you using MS Word?
you want it to go at the top or the bottom of the page?
boxstr
Opne Office . org.
If you can do it for me I would like to see one of each , top and bottom. Thank you
Craig
Jeroen
craig, a new version is on it's way to your mailbox...
boxstr
Jeroen, Thank you I got the new letterheads. Perfect.
Craig
VegasRacer
I see that the dates and the host hotel have been announced in The Garage.
Is there a tennative schedule of events and activities?
boxstr
John We are working on that, it will be released when complete.
Craig
rick 918-S
When you have a tenitive schedule of events I have a suggestion. We did this for the "04" Event. One of us started a rumor about a part of the event and others would comment and bump the thread all weekend stirring interest in the event and helping to bump attendance. I'm not sure it worked but it was fun! Leaking infomation like the post sir andy made a week or so ago was fun. If we work together and bump the thread as it starts to fall off the page other members will get more interest. happy11.gif
VegasRacer
givemebeer.gif
ablose58
givemebeer.gif driving.gif
Howard
Craig, I noticed in one of your posts in the garage included 'WCC 06, wherever it is'
Any change of date/venue we should know about?
boxstr
No Howard just a little joke amongst me.
We already have a $1000 check coming in, Thank You Al Blose from one of Al's suppliers, (correct that Al).
Howard, does this event have a non-profit tax ID number for the organization?? If not I will have to get one, after setting up an account for the funds donated.
CCLIN2006
Howard
Glad to hear all is well.

No tax ID nor do I think one is necessary for a private club fund raising event. I already had a corporate fiduciary account (insurance broker) so just used that. Not completely legit to do it that way, but figured intent was good, and all $$ accounted for.

Remember, there's no 'club' so each event is a free standing deal. And take back your GD Oregon weather ph34r.gif
ablose58
NO, Craig ,that check is coming from my plant where I am a slave ohmy.gif Any who I also will be contacting my suppliers as well smilie_pokal.gif I will drum up as much as I can!!!!! Cheers AL cool_shades.gif
boxstr
Thank you Howeird for the info on the Tax ID. Just bring the weather up when you come in July laugh.gif

Al I hope we can get much more. Call me this week when you have time.
Craig
xitspd
Hello gentlemen! When should we book hotel reservations? How much for sponsorship opportunities? Thanking you in advance for your prompt replies.

Dan Callicott
boxstr
You can book hotel reservations at this time. I posted earlier in this regard. It will be a the Monarch Motor Hotel. Go to www.monarchhotel.cc
Sponorship opps I will get back to you on that.
Craig C. Laughlin
boxstr
Would someone tell me if we should do the name tags like we had in the first tow WCCs. 2004 thye were pin on. 2005 they were a race pit pass type with Bosch on the strap.
Thank you for the input.
Craig
VegasRacer
Some sort of name tag is required. The bottom line is $$$. Do you have a price for either style? The Pit Pass type are cool. Can we get a sponsor to pay for them?

BTW - Craig - What are the nights we should reserve our rooms for? W/Th/Fr? Th/Fr/Sat?
boxstr
I think we should be okay on the sponsor participation this year. I have alot of vendors who are asking to sponsor or be involved. I am just trying to find the items we need for them to get involved.
Anyone remember who did the tags the last two years? The pin on type are easy and cheap. The pit pass ones are simple just a strap and laminated name tags.
Can we get a volunter to take on this task. I can always pick someone dry.gif
TIA
Craig
Jeroen
if you wanna go "pit pass style" ask Sean about them
he does those for the club, including a custom printed lace

you could have them sponsered (sponsor on the lace and/or back of the card)
or maybe a sponsor already has them laying on a shelf and can send us the laces...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 16 2006, 12:19 AM)
I think we should be okay on the sponsor participation this year. I have alot of vendors who are asking to sponsor or be involved. I am just trying to find the items we need for them to get involved.
Anyone remember who did the tags the last two years? The pin on type are easy and cheap. The pit pass ones are simple just a strap and laminated name tags.
Can we get a volunter to take on this task. I can always pick someone dry.gif
TIA
Craig

lagunero made the bosch ones.......
boxstr
Excellent, Thank you for the input. I will get with the planning and regisration committees and decide which way to go.
Craig
rhodyguy
craig, if you would like me to send a check for some seed money to get things rolling please let me know. i'm sure the trophies, plates, and whatnot won't be inexspensive. no need for you to go deep into that money clip full of c-notes that is in your pocket. lmn.

k
Howard
Lagunero bought stock laminated holders from an office supply place. He printed the tags on his inkjet, not sure about the Bosch straps, but total cost was about 50 cents each IIRC. No need to spend a lot of $$.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 16 2006, 02:04 AM)
if you wanna go "pit pass style" ask Sean about them
he does those for the club, including a custom printed lace

you could have them sponsered (sponsor on the lace and/or back of the card)

i'll sponsor the "pit" passes if we can get sean to make them ...

i really like what he did with the member passes lascht year ...
boldblue.gif Andy
Howard
And printing the user name LARGE on both sides is easier for us old guys.
Semi Hijack. I received a call from one of the people involved in the Ventura CA German Autofest. Will be in September this year and the featured marque is 914.

I don't want to make a big deal out of this if you think it will affect WCC attendance. How do you want to handle this? I know we can get Willow for the Friday before or the Sunday after for ~$5k if enough interest. Worth talking about?
boxstr
July WCC 2006 in Pdx, August PCA Porsche Parade in PDX, September GAF in Ventura.
Lots of fun to be had by all.
CCLINWCCINPDX2006
boxstr
I applied for and received an Employer Identification Number, ALA Tax Id Number. This is for those sponsors who feel they need one.
If you are a sponsor or want to become one and need a TAX ID # please contact and I will supply with the number.
Craig
boxstr
I received the Portland Histroric race information and application form. Cost is $40 for driver and guest. 1 car corral pass, a dash plaque and the ever popular parade lap. ($130.00 value).
I will have to purchase all of the tickets at one time, deadline June 1 2006, and then they will be in each of the goodie bags. The dates are July 8 & 9 for the race, and corral.

The autocross will be a $5.00 donation for each lap. There will be trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd based on the club with the highest amount of donations.The awards will be presented Sunday afternoon.

Club catering at the corral can be arranged through Cascade Catering. They can supply food and beverages.

Got to www.portlandhistorics.com for more information.
This is being handled by Vince Cui. Thank you
Craig
VegasRacer
Ausgezeichnet. piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
clap56.gif Nice job Craig. When do you think the final details will be locked? Sandy is bugging me about sending money for the event.
boxstr
Jim Chambers is working on getting the regisration up and running. I will check with him this weekend to get a better idea of the time frame before it is online.
Craig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.