Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome
boxstr
post Aug 10 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #41

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Group: Members
Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am trying to meet with Marianne this week to secure the Sweetbrier.
Kevin, can you contact Al and ask him about the charity that he was recommending that I forgot to reply to and he thought I was mad at him but I am not. Thanks.
Craig
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 11 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #42

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

do you think it might just be faster to spend 10 minutes drivng over to the SB from camp?(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif) i'll have him contact you craig. i haven't spoke with him for awhile. so you know, it was ronald mcdonald house. big tie in with the large commercial bakery he works for. pin the date down. NOW!!!

k
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 15 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #43

Went over to the Sweetbrier on Friday and was told by a very suprised and somewhat shocked staff that the Sweetbrier is going to be closed and converted into office space. They had just been told that morning.
Glad I found out Friday and not July 1st 2006.
Okay on to the Monarch Motor Hotel. This is where they host the local PCA Rainbonnet event each November. It seems like it works each year for that and I see no reason why it won't work for the WCC 2006.
I will let everyone know the outcome after it happens.
Craig C. Laughlin
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 17 2005, 04:17 AM
Post #44

Spoke to Chris Howland, Director of Sales and we can get the Monarch Motor Hotel July 7,8 and 9. 50 rooms 100 people and 50 cars.
Rooms are $89. per single or double,+ 7% room tax.
We will have a meet and greet room, and banquet rooms if we need them. They do require a guarantee of 75 accumulative room nights will be required. Meeting room rental will be waived with banquet purchase of a minimum of $3000. That would be $60 per person with 50 people.
They have a website www.monarchhotel.com
Ths Local Porsche club holds the Rainbonnet event here each November. This is a two day event
Friday 12Noon Car wash/Display
2-9pm Regisration
2pm Exhibit Setup
ETC.
with meet and greet and registration,exhibit setups, and and on Friday and tech sessions and lunch on Sat. a dinner Sat night and lunch on So the hotel is used to having Porsche owners hanging around, I am not so sure they have seen the 914 owners yet?
Gary can you chime in with your thoughts on the Monarch and the requirements they have.
Craig
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Aug 18 2005, 02:24 AM
Post #45

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

Here is a link to the Monarch Hotel home page. (It is dot cc not dot com) They have a total of 192 rooms. The minimun 75 room nights should not be a problem. 3 grand for a banquet seems like a lot.

I did not see that they offered a continental breakfast. That was something we had at both of the host hotels the pervious 2 years and it seemed to be a good thing.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 18 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #46

John The reason they don't offer the Continental breakfast is they have a restaurant on site. So they don't want to take business away from them.
I havent gotten the contract in hand yet but I wuill share with the forum its contents when it arrives.
Craig
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 18 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #47

I got some good news today. I saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO.
Actually the lady from Monarch Hotel called and informed me that if we did not need to use a large banquet room we could get the cost cut from $3000 to $1500. I think this could work out alot better. I don't think we need the large banquet room and can use the Monarch Hall. This would be used for the regisration, meet and greet and a number of other gatherings.
I am going to see about getting a continental breakfast, I will let you all know.
I am going to get his place nailed down so that we can work on other parts of WCC 2006.
Craig
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Aug 19 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #48

ELVIRA

Craig, sorry but I don't understand the $1500 charge. Is that just to use an empty room for registration? With no food or banquet? We are not the 911 crowd of CW's. Hanging out in the parking lot suits me just fine

I do understand that they rent the banquet halls for meetings and such. It is just that every hotel I have ever worked with for a convention activity has provided free hospitality rooms or some other perk for bringing in a large group.

I know you are doing everything you can to get us the best deal at the best location.
We will support you 91.4% with whatever you decide. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 19 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #49

Just got off the phone with Monarch. We can get trio of rooms one at $169.00, king size bed, big screen TV, dining room, sofa,mini bar, two chairs, someone can stay there, John? They are ajoining two queen (standard) rooms $89.00 so we can use all three at one time for meet and greet and registration. And general meeting place.
By doing this we will not have the banquet size room, which we probably don't need.
They will provide an area to wash cars, or whatever, also hoses and towels for drying cars, and Barry Mcgiuar will be there to ask you if you are "Car Crazy" .
Craig
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Aug 19 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #50

ELVIRA

I will gladly donate the use of my 914 if Barry wants to put on a demonstration of the proper way to wash, wax and detail a teener. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 19 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #51

alllrighty then. out front with the dates and wait for the grumbling. point out the ++++. ask for definite show ups. we will be dicked if "THEY'RE/WE'RE/I'M IN", commitments are made, and then an excuse at the last minute. it will be interesting to see how many nor'westers will show, that haven't haven't in the past, due to the "distance". good work craig. will barry be polishing or singing "eve of distruction"?

k
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 21 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #52

Okay girls and boys, it is time to get busy. Would someone please volunter to take on the sponsors. Goal:Contact them and ask for money and give them what ever they want. I would llike to work with somone, on who to contact, amounts needed, also what events we will need sponsored. Alot of this will be from the past two WCCs so it will be laid out for you and we will contact previous sposnors so it won't be like they havent been here before.
Thank you
Craig
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 21 2005, 12:01 PM
Post #53

If anyone that wants to volunter or already has voluntered, and you need to speak to me,you can call me at 503-799-5794. Leave a VM if I don't pickup.
Also you can fax me at 503-699-8321.
Craig
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Aug 21 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #54

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

plan your financials first... (so you know how much to ask for)
have sponsor packages ready

generally, they don't wanna put a lot of time in this sorta thing (it's already costing them money (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)), so if they can pick an amount/package quickly and be done with it, the greater your chance of pulling them in

lemme know if you need some official looking letter heads or other stuff like that

do you think it's worthwhile to put up a WCC ad in Excellence?
+Quote Post
ablose58
post Aug 24 2005, 06:06 AM
Post #55

rust never sleeps

Member No.: 1,422

OK, I spoke to our plant super and we are gonna get some cashola (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) Are we going to have the ronald mcdonald house as the recipient as the beneficiary of the event? If so I will need some sort of an official letterhead and I also was wondering if we are having a event program? I also want to hit up some of our vendors so if we get donations from them we can give them advertisement in the program for said donations?? gud idea no? AL
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 24 2005, 07:05 AM
Post #56

well, the poll was sure a bust. it's buried god knows how many pages back now. if it could be nailed, it will sit at the bottom since no one can reply to it, but would be there for all to see. have fun weeding through the announcement thread, and all the chatter it contains craig.

k
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Aug 24 2005, 08:05 AM
Post #57

914 Guru

hey kevin,

sorry I haven't replied to your pm yet...
bussy, bussy, bussy (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

anyway... I'll nail the poll a.s.a.p (and wade through the other nailed threads to see if I can clean em up a little)

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Aug 24 2005, 08:08 AM
Post #58

914 Guru

ok... the poll is nailed
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Aug 24 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #59

Al Thank you very much. I will get some official letterhead from Jeroen, and we can also put the vendors on the various items that get handed out to all who attend.
I will look through some of last years items an dthe previous to see how it was handled also.
Thank you again.
Jeroen Let me know what you need so I can get the official letterhead and anything else that you think might help.
Cost on an ad in Excellence?
Thank you everyoen who has helped out.
Those of you who voluintered to help out on contacting potential sponsors, thank you. And I will pick someone, as soon as someone volunters. Come on, all they can do is say "yes I would love to help out by sending you a check."
Craig
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Aug 24 2005, 09:00 AM
Post #60

914 Guru

Craig, just PM me what ever info you want on the letterhead (address, phone, fax, what ever) and what size paper you're using (legal? letter?) and I'll put something together

The add in Excellence wasn't cheap ($800 for a full color IIRC)
Check with Pete, maybe he can cut us a deal or sumptin...
B/W could also be an option
Depending on exposure needs/budget, it may be worth considering (or maybe not)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 09:57 PM