Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fuel in injector plug?
mzalanka
post Jan 26 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,300
Region Association: None

Weird problem:

Rebuilt 2056, new injectors/seals/fuel lines all around. Fuel smell in engine compartment; poked around and found a few cc's of fuel in the electrical plug for the #1 injector. Figured it must not be seated so I took it out and reinstalled against the seals. Still getting fuel in the connector socket. Not much but it's damp and it's definitely fuel. The other 3 injectors have dry connectors. Doesn't seem like I have any leaks anywhere else. Pressure is at 34psi running, drops to 25 psi after 10 minutes.

I can't figure out why I would get fuel in the connector plug - from the cross section diagram it looks like it connects straight to the coil for the solenoid.

I ordered a new Bosch injector, but has anyone seen this before?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BillC
post Jan 27 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,667
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sounds like you have a bad injector. There should never be fuel in the electrical plug. I think it's time to search for a replacement.

I have seen plenty of plastic components that live in contact with fuel (fuel injectors, fuel pumps, etc.) develop leaks after they are allowed to dry out. When the fuel dries out of the plastic, the plastic can shrink and/or deform slightly, causing leaks. Sometimes the leak will diminish after the part soaks in fuel for a while, but I've never seen a leak completely stop afterward.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:15 PM