Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel in injector plug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mzalanka
Weird problem:

Rebuilt 2056, new injectors/seals/fuel lines all around. Fuel smell in engine compartment; poked around and found a few cc's of fuel in the electrical plug for the #1 injector. Figured it must not be seated so I took it out and reinstalled against the seals. Still getting fuel in the connector socket. Not much but it's damp and it's definitely fuel. The other 3 injectors have dry connectors. Doesn't seem like I have any leaks anywhere else. Pressure is at 34psi running, drops to 25 psi after 10 minutes.

I can't figure out why I would get fuel in the connector plug - from the cross section diagram it looks like it connects straight to the coil for the solenoid.

I ordered a new Bosch injector, but has anyone seen this before?
BillC
Sounds like you have a bad injector. There should never be fuel in the electrical plug. I think it's time to search for a replacement.

I have seen plenty of plastic components that live in contact with fuel (fuel injectors, fuel pumps, etc.) develop leaks after they are allowed to dry out. When the fuel dries out of the plastic, the plastic can shrink and/or deform slightly, causing leaks. Sometimes the leak will diminish after the part soaks in fuel for a while, but I've never seen a leak completely stop afterward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.