Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 74 2.0 Ravenna Green is here!, now...what have I got? undercarriage pics link added
ChrisFoley
post Apr 7 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #61

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DrinkMan @ Apr 7 2017, 10:54 AM) *

I'm estimating 22k. That seems to be a good price to pay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Apr 7 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #62

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 30 2017, 09:29 AM) *

QUOTE(cuddyk @ Feb 21 2017, 03:23 PM) *

Great seeing all the price guesses. The answer coming soon....

Sorry guys...didn't see that this thread was revived. Love the Caddyshack reference!

The deal had several components, but totaling everything up, it was 23K all in.

The good: surprisingly original and low miles. Possibly a 29K mile car as the odo shows. Def not a 129K car. There are still factory markings in a bunch of places. DPD A/C works and has been converted to R134. Drives great and has lots of power. Recent paint.

The not-so-good: it seems the engine has been converted to hydraulic lifters. It's smooth and powerful, but I can't help thinking about the wear going on in there. Dizzy needed rebuild. Original fuel pump leaks and lines need to be replaced. The car was apparently in storage for a while. A layer of dustiness / mustiness covers everything except the paint. New upholstery and carpets needed. No records whatsoever, but I plan on contacting the previous owners. Mismatched rear bumper. Brakes need some work.

All in all, it's not nearly as sorted as the '73 I sold to make room for it, but the originality and L65K color make the price fair IMHO.

Thanks again to the World for helping to make this happen! To continue the Caddyshack theme.... I got that going for me, which is nice.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:34 PM