Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breather oil leak
designerguy90
post Feb 21 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,666
Region Association: None

Hello all!

I just acquired a 74 2.0 (was my dad's for almost 20 years, finally able to get it back. This is a story for another post.) It has a twin weber setup on it currently and while on my 800 mile road trip back from Pennsylvania to Northwest Indiana, I noticed at a gas stop that there was oil on the bottom of the rain tray. My breather is situated right in the location there, and above the notch in the top of the transmission. Either my lines are leaking and oil is dripping or its coming out of the top holes, shooting up, dripping down into the transmission and being flung all over the rain tray and part of the drivers side of the engine compartment. My question is how do I remedy this oil leak, or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Feb 22 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

I'm not sure what that is, but it doesn't look like any breather I've ever built or bought. If you suspect it's leaking I'd suggest start by:

1. Replacing it
2. Mounting it as high as you can so it can drain back (assuming you have a self draining breather).
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Feb 22 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I just installed a breather from RacerChris (CFR) for my dual carbed 2.1L. Works beautifully and fits great.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:14 PM