Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breather oil leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
designerguy90
Hello all!

I just acquired a 74 2.0 (was my dad's for almost 20 years, finally able to get it back. This is a story for another post.) It has a twin weber setup on it currently and while on my 800 mile road trip back from Pennsylvania to Northwest Indiana, I noticed at a gas stop that there was oil on the bottom of the rain tray. My breather is situated right in the location there, and above the notch in the top of the transmission. Either my lines are leaking and oil is dripping or its coming out of the top holes, shooting up, dripping down into the transmission and being flung all over the rain tray and part of the drivers side of the engine compartment. My question is how do I remedy this oil leak, or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

Click to view attachment
yeahmag
I'm not sure what that is, but it doesn't look like any breather I've ever built or bought. If you suspect it's leaking I'd suggest start by:

1. Replacing it
2. Mounting it as high as you can so it can drain back (assuming you have a self draining breather).
Spoke
I just installed a breather from RacerChris (CFR) for my dual carbed 2.1L. Works beautifully and fits great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.