Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> registering a 75 as a 74 in ca
ninefourteener
post Jun 30 2003, 02:05 PM
Post #21

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Sorry...Not trying to give you bad advice.... I wasn't familiar with the way they do things in CA.

Sounds awful.

May all the smog-test nazis be forced to drive Gremlins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gunner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jun 30 2003, 04:05 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

In California, you must pass the visual -first

ok so i have the girls from baywatch bring the car in, then it should pass?
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 30 2003, 05:10 PM
Post #23

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

It's getting harder and harder, but find someone that, uh, ummm, knows someone...wink wink nudge nudge...
+Quote Post
scotty
post Jun 30 2003, 05:50 PM
Post #24

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718

I have seen then require smog equipment that, according to documentation from the car maker, never existed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) AAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
my15window
post Jun 30 2003, 06:32 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 465

I just finished my first motor, carbed, new cam, headers 009. then they passed the original smog law saying I had to remove everything and go back to stock it then turned into my weekend project. finally they released the 73s 'damned democrats' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jul 1 2003, 08:17 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

The job offer for me out there, is on a per project hire. So, I think im ok with the Jersey plates for some time. I remember last time I lived there, I drove a really nice maluga 75 2.0 with smogg etc.
on it. OMG I couldnt believe how bad that choked the motor. I would be scared to pull out on a freeway with that crap on it.
+Quote Post
fuch toy
post Jul 1 2003, 08:39 AM
Post #27

Unregistered

QUOTE(garyh @ Jun 30 2003, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Jun 29 2003, 06:42 PM)
smog is a rolling 30 year old exemption.

Pay attention, bright-eyes; "they" are trying to eliminate the 30-year rolling exemption, and move the 'grandfather' date back to 1960.

Here. Read this: <a href="http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0701-0750/sb_708_bill_20030221_introduced.html">SB 708</a>

Sheesh. Where did you say your day job was?

First off, I am a COUNTY AIR WEENIE. Not a STATE NAZI. You guys really should refrain from using that term. It's insulting, insensitive and demeaning to both the people who work in the industy and ones that suffered under the Nazis.

I have nothing to do with car smog rules. I enforce rules on stationary sources that emit pollutants. That means everything without wheels (except trains, boats and off road construction equipment). I also go 12 miles offshore and regulate the oil platforms.

Second off, they have been trying to repeal the 30 year rolling exemption since it was passed. It has ALWAYS failed. The legislators that propose it are doing payback for support of other bills that DID pass.

I have made it a hobby to keep an eye on smog rules and equipment for cars. Especially add on ones from the 70s and early 80s.

Once the car industry started making engines that could pass w/o air pumps the engines got back to pre 70s horse power. I support no mods on these cars. I also appluad the fact that replacement smog stuff is required for 20 years and 100K warrenties on it.

I disagree that the States should require low useage vintage cars to maintain crappy add on equipment that was designed to last 10 years max and then not available from the manufacturer as replacement parts.

THAT is BULLSHIT. If they pass the sniffer, cool....bad NLA equipment....they should be exempt.

Now an earlier poster asked about a 49 state 1.8. He would be required to have a cat only. The 75 1.8 CA edition did not have a smog pump. Only the 2.0s did.
+Quote Post
scotty
post Jul 1 2003, 08:45 AM
Post #28

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718

Mike:

Thanks for answering my question (about a 49-state having to "upgrade" to CA rules)... harsh!

On all that other crap: hang in there and have one on me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 1 2003, 08:48 AM
Post #29

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

so if you have a 1.7 or 1.8 case code built to 2.0 internals you can sneak through? like it or hate it the smog rules were put inplace for a reason. relax mike, i get what you're saying. got roof?

i just killing time til the flaps open the phone lines. hate getting dirty before i go on the hunt.

kevin
+Quote Post
JWest
post Jul 1 2003, 09:09 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 97

so if you have a 1.7 or 1.8 case code built to 2.0 internals you can sneak through?

Nope, because the 1.8 had L-jet. I'm sure the smog Na..., oops, I means clean air checker dudes, will have the info to tell L-jet from D-jet. You could build a 2.0 L-jet, but that's a whole 'nuther story...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 03:18 PM