Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> -6 Air filter bucket differences help
mb911
post Mar 7 2017, 07:55 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So I have been working on restoring little parts along the way of my build. I have also collected the airfilter housing (stock) and the buckets for the carbs. I noticed after I sand blasted the parts and got them ready for plating and powdercoating that they are different slightly. The clips are of different sizes (length) and I can only assume that this is a difference between carb and MFI bases? any idea? Which is for what?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Mar 7 2017, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 8 2017, 02:55 AM) *

So I have been working on restoring little parts along the way of my build. I have also collected the airfilter housing (stock) and the buckets for the carbs. I noticed after I sand blasted the parts and got them ready for plating and powdercoating that they are different slightly. The clips are of different sizes (length) and I can only assume that this is a difference between carb and MFI bases? any idea? Which is for what?

Not sure about the MFI ones but 2 clips on my carb bases were different and I found they were bent ,they are fairly springy steel but still bend back straight,did you find rust under the rubber sealing rings of the bases ?
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Mar 7 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482

[quote name='mb911' date='Mar 7 2017, 05:55 AM' post='2461408']
[/quote

I have a stock -6 and a MFI 911 at our cottage in Fontana, WI. However, I probably won't be able to get up there till springtime. If I do get up there, I'll try to measure the MFI cleaner bases for you, but the 914-6 is pretty well tucked away and inaccessible rill springtime.

George
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 7 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892

I found a little rust but not to much. They are getting powdercoated right now. There is a big difference in clip length probably an inch or so larger on the one bucket. My guess is that is for mfi. Mark said (whom I got them from) may have given me one of each but not sure if it is really just a clip thing or the buckets are actually different.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 08:52 AM