Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Air filter bucket differences help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
So I have been working on restoring little parts along the way of my build. I have also collected the airfilter housing (stock) and the buckets for the carbs. I noticed after I sand blasted the parts and got them ready for plating and powdercoating that they are different slightly. The clips are of different sizes (length) and I can only assume that this is a difference between carb and MFI bases? any idea? Which is for what?

porschetub
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 8 2017, 02:55 AM) *

So I have been working on restoring little parts along the way of my build. I have also collected the airfilter housing (stock) and the buckets for the carbs. I noticed after I sand blasted the parts and got them ready for plating and powdercoating that they are different slightly. The clips are of different sizes (length) and I can only assume that this is a difference between carb and MFI bases? any idea? Which is for what?

Not sure about the MFI ones but 2 clips on my carb bases were different and I found they were bent ,they are fairly springy steel but still bend back straight,did you find rust under the rubber sealing rings of the bases ?
GeorgeRud
[quote name='mb911' date='Mar 7 2017, 05:55 AM' post='2461408']
[/quote

I have a stock -6 and a MFI 911 at our cottage in Fontana, WI. However, I probably won't be able to get up there till springtime. If I do get up there, I'll try to measure the MFI cleaner bases for you, but the 914-6 is pretty well tucked away and inaccessible rill springtime.

George
mb911
I found a little rust but not to much. They are getting powdercoated right now. There is a big difference in clip length probably an inch or so larger on the one bucket. My guess is that is for mfi. Mark said (whom I got them from) may have given me one of each but not sure if it is really just a clip thing or the buckets are actually different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.