Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snow Plow valance, what are they worth?
poorsche914
post Mar 11 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

Any idea what the "snow plow" rear valances go for nowadays? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
This is from a 4-cylinder car and is in decent condition.

Attached Image

Thanks
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 11 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I don't see many for sale but I would say $250-300, maybe more. They can be converted to a 6 valence with some welding so they are pretty desirable.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Mar 11 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #3

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2017, 08:19 PM) *
I don't see many for sale but I would say $250-300, maybe more. They can be converted to a 6 valence with some welding so they are pretty desirable.

Thanks, Mark.

You are correct that they don't come up for sale very often. A search brought up a thread where pricing was discussed. Back in 2010 or so, Pat Garvey valued them at $1000+ (restored) while Cairo posted one for $650 (I think it had been restored) and it sold for somewhere in the $500 range.

Like anything, they are worth whatever someone will pay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
74ravenna
post Mar 12 2017, 04:44 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,032
Region Association: North East States

What is a snow plow valance? I see the picture and can see how they are different, but what is their history?
Did they come on some cars or an aftermarket item?

Thanks
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 12 2017, 04:54 AM
Post #5

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 11 2017, 10:48 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2017, 08:19 PM) *

Thanks, Mark.

You are correct that they don't come up for sale very often. A search brought up a thread where pricing was discussed. Back in 2010 or so, Pat Garvey valued them at $1000+ (restored) while Cairo posted one for $650 (I think it had been restored) and it sold for somewhere in the $500 range.

Like anything, they are worth whatever someone will pay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have one in my pile of stash so I hope you get big bucks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 12 2017, 08:03 AM
Post #6

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Yes, I had a 4 cylinder one that was restored and ready to bolt on. The former owner of my car lost his valance after removing it decades earlier and bought a 4 valance to replace it and then cut it up to try to fit it to the Six. Never did get it right so he could install it. Like an idiot, I thought it was the actual valance for my Six and had it repaired and refinished so it was ready to install. Then when I tried to install it the light bulb came on when the "port hole" was off to the middle of the car by a few inches. So I listed it for sale at what I thought was a reasonable price. I think it did sell for about $500.

If I found an original Six rear valance I would be interested. But first I need my car back in my garage.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:38 PM