Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow Plow valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
Any idea what the "snow plow" rear valances go for nowadays? confused24.gif
This is from a 4-cylinder car and is in decent condition.

Click to view attachment

Thanks
driving.gif
mepstein
I don't see many for sale but I would say $250-300, maybe more. They can be converted to a 6 valence with some welding so they are pretty desirable.
poorsche914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2017, 08:19 PM) *
I don't see many for sale but I would say $250-300, maybe more. They can be converted to a 6 valence with some welding so they are pretty desirable.

Thanks, Mark.

You are correct that they don't come up for sale very often. A search brought up a thread where pricing was discussed. Back in 2010 or so, Pat Garvey valued them at $1000+ (restored) while Cairo posted one for $650 (I think it had been restored) and it sold for somewhere in the $500 range.

Like anything, they are worth whatever someone will pay smile.gif

driving.gif
74ravenna
What is a snow plow valance? I see the picture and can see how they are different, but what is their history?
Did they come on some cars or an aftermarket item?

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 11 2017, 10:48 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2017, 08:19 PM) *

Thanks, Mark.

You are correct that they don't come up for sale very often. A search brought up a thread where pricing was discussed. Back in 2010 or so, Pat Garvey valued them at $1000+ (restored) while Cairo posted one for $650 (I think it had been restored) and it sold for somewhere in the $500 range.

Like anything, they are worth whatever someone will pay smile.gif

driving.gif

I have one in my pile of stash so I hope you get big bucks. first.gif
Cairo94507
Yes, I had a 4 cylinder one that was restored and ready to bolt on. The former owner of my car lost his valance after removing it decades earlier and bought a 4 valance to replace it and then cut it up to try to fit it to the Six. Never did get it right so he could install it. Like an idiot, I thought it was the actual valance for my Six and had it repaired and refinished so it was ready to install. Then when I tried to install it the light bulb came on when the "port hole" was off to the middle of the car by a few inches. So I listed it for sale at what I thought was a reasonable price. I think it did sell for about $500.

If I found an original Six rear valance I would be interested. But first I need my car back in my garage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.