Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My new powder coating oven..., for satisfying my DWD needs!
bondo
post May 4 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

I built this oven a while back, but I couldn't get it over about 275 degrees. I recently added a layer of R13 insulation to the inside, and now it gets up to 400 no problem. It takes about 30 mins to get there, so a total cure takes 50 mins. I did one test part (an old water pump impeller) and it came out great.

I used the control circuitry from an old microwave/convection oven to turn on and off a 3 element quartz heater (about 1600 watts). I just set the temp for 400, the time for 50 minutes, and it beeps when it's done! (and turns off)

I still have a few kinks to work out (like a structure for the ceiling to hang things from), and I need to get better at the application of the powder, but at least I can get up to and hold 400 degrees. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:58 PM