Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Chasing oil leaks.
Keith914
post Mar 15 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,948
Region Association: Southern California

Just tested my latest attempt to stop a bad oil leak (teaspoon of oil on the floor after a good run and park in my garage!). After an earlier attempt to stop oil leaking via replacing the pushrod tubes with new ones from EMW and using ThreeBond Silicone Liquid Gasket 1211 (thanks for the tip Forrest), which did reduce the leaks, I noticed oil dripping from the lower middle case through bolt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . Only way to access it is to remove the engine, then the tubes and push rods that gives access to the lower tin, remove the lower tin and the rest of the tin to access both ends of these middle through bolts. I loosened these two bolts, one at a time , cleaned the threads and seat areas inserted the same 1211 liquid seal on both ends, and retorqued these two middle bolts, one at time.
So far no more oil leaks -- more lessons learned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Keith914   Chasing oil leaks.   Mar 15 2017, 04:59 PM
SO.O.C914er   Nice one Keith hope it holds up for you. I got one...   Mar 15 2017, 08:43 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:42 PM