Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chasing oil leaks.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Keith914
Just tested my latest attempt to stop a bad oil leak (teaspoon of oil on the floor after a good run and park in my garage!). After an earlier attempt to stop oil leaking via replacing the pushrod tubes with new ones from EMW and using ThreeBond Silicone Liquid Gasket 1211 (thanks for the tip Forrest), which did reduce the leaks, I noticed oil dripping from the lower middle case through bolt mad.gif . Only way to access it is to remove the engine, then the tubes and push rods that gives access to the lower tin, remove the lower tin and the rest of the tin to access both ends of these middle through bolts. I loosened these two bolts, one at a time , cleaned the threads and seat areas inserted the same 1211 liquid seal on both ends, and retorqued these two middle bolts, one at time.
So far no more oil leaks -- more lessons learned piratenanner.gif
SO.O.C914er
Nice one Keith hope it holds up for you. I got one for the 914 team I'm leaking brake fluid out the bottom of the car directly inline with the fluid reservoir in the front trunk. Anyone have this problem idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.