Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tranny Problem
kkid
post Mar 23 2017, 12:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,483
Region Association: Northern California

Hello guys,

So my tranny has been acting up since an incident. When the engine is off it shifts in to any gears as it should( I think). But when the motor is on it wants to go to reverse from 1st gear instead of 2nd, as if there is no 2nd. Is my tranny broken?

Thanks,

kkid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Mar 23 2017, 01:34 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(kkid @ Mar 22 2017, 11:57 PM) *

Hello guys,

So my tranny has been acting up since an incident. When the engine is off it shifts in to any gears as it should( I think). But when the motor is on it wants to go to reverse from 1st gear instead of 2nd, as if there is no 2nd. Is my tranny broken?

Thanks,

Probably just bushing(s) from shift linkage. From shift lever to firewall and all the way to transmission. When is the last time sir you replaced or checked them?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
kkid
post Mar 26 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,483
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 23 2017, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Mar 22 2017, 11:57 PM) *

Hello guys,

Thanks,

Probably just bushing(s) from shift linkage. From shift lever to firewall and all the way to transmission. When is the last time sir you replaced or checked them?

The bushings are all in good shape. What happened was it actually went into reverse from 1st once when the car is going forward and the car stopped suddenly. Later I found one of the cone set screws(at the shift console) was loose. Then I tighten it up but the shifter does not want to go to 2nd from 1st anymore.

kkid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:40 PM