Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: A/C compressor mount made by dlee6204, Not made by Doug Leehr anymore
nihil44
post Mar 23 2017, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,058
Region Association: None

Doug Leehr (aka dlee6204) made some of these for sale but doesn't produce them anymore.

If anybody has one of the compressor mounts available for sale, I would like to purchase.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 23 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

If nobody has one to sell, then you might ask to borrow one as a pattern to get it fabbed local to you, or local to the "lender" - or maybe dlee will share his drawings or pattern to make one. Just a plan B thought.

PS - I just noticed that you're down in OZ - so probably the latter 2 of the above plan B's - having it fabbed in the States off of another or dlee's pattern then shipped down under to you will work - unless there happens to be someone in OZ with one.

PSS - That also looks like it's made to fit the larger York R32 type compressors &/or aftermarket early ones, but you can get the complete modern R134 AC system with the more efficient rotary compressor from Auto Atlanta which will only "rob" 1-3 HP vs. 7-10 HP on the old type Yorks, & IIRC they also have the mount for the system - either in the kit or as an added part for those updating their original Porsche+Audi VPC or DPD AC systems. Yes they're expensive for a complete system, but their new, & won't run $100+ USD per can of R32 & ever rising - & which will eventually run out. A coupla-three of R32 recharges will easily run $1000+ USD over time! IMHO go for the dual condenser kit for Brisbane.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/a...CLIMATE-CONTROL

Cheers Mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
nihil44
post Mar 24 2017, 03:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,058

Tom

Thanks for your input. I would like to start with the compressor mount and work from there. I have converted my car to right hand drive so the AA kit would not readily work.

There are some RHD options available off the shelf for evaporators etc . Need to start somewhere

Thanks for the southern hemisphere

David
+Quote Post
cgnj
post Mar 24 2017, 04:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 403

I have one. Never installed. Not certain if I will use it. That pic is a prototype. Mine is designed for a Sanden compressor. The Sanden mount requires an extension on the oil filler. Customs would really suck going to OZ. Sold some stuff to a bloke down under and he moaned that I made the declared value too much. Best bet would be to get permission to dupe DLees design and get it made down there.

Carlos
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:12 PM