Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I want to buy a Dash Cam, Reccomendations
stevend914
post Nov 26 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a Garmin Dashcam 20 that I don't use if anyone is interested
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Nov 26 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #22

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jamespal @ Nov 25 2017, 08:44 PM) *

If You want to buy a dash cam then Rexing V1P Front and Rear Dash Cam will be the best option for you....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif)
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Nov 26 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #23

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Get on the Russians use. Have you seen those crazy car wrecks on YouTube? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
They're great quality.
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Nov 26 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #24

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

After reading of Sir Andy's unfortunate traffic incident here, (glad you're Ok Andy), I thought some of my 914 collegues might be interested in this product. I have always wanted a dash cam for my 914, but did not like the idea of a suction cup device on the windshield that could easily be stolen when my roof is open, which is most of the time. I saw an ad on tv and ordered several of these HD Mirror Cams for my cars. Before I say anything else, you should know that I have no connection to this product in any way, other than as an end user. The HD camera is located under a rear view mirror that straps right over your existing mirror in your car. Other than the small rotatable camera under the new rear view mirror, you can not tell anything is on the car. The HD video starts automatically when you get in the car from motion detection. A small included SDHD card records a ten minute loop of HD video, day or night. There is an HDMI adaptor included to plug the SD card into your computer to view it. The HD Mirror cam connects via a long wire to the cigarette lighter to charge the camera battery. I hard wired my camera by running the wire under the windshield rubber and down to the relay board for power. (Note: If you do this, you must connect leads to the cigarette lighter fitting and not cut the fitting off. The plug-in fitting has an e-board inside it to convert the car's 12v to the right charging power for the HD Mirror.) And now for the best part. It's only $59.95 plus shipping at this website:

https://www.amazon.com/Official-HD-Mirror-C...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Now I have the added protection of constant video without an ugly obvious device on my front window!
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Nov 26 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #25

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(jamespal @ Nov 25 2017, 07:44 PM) *

If You want to buy a dash cam then Rexing V1P Front and Rear Dash Cam will be the best option for you....

I went to their Amazon page. Got a question; how did you mount it in the 914. I have a wink mirror with a vertical surface facing the windshield, would this work as a mounting surface ? I have 3” space available.
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Dec 1 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #26

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

After reading of Sir Andy's unfortunate traffic incident here, (glad you're Ok Andy), I thought some of my 914 collegues might be interested in this product. I have always wanted a dash cam for my 914, but did not like the idea of a suction cup device on the windshield that could easily be stolen when my roof is open, which is most of the time. I saw an ad on tv and ordered several of these HD Mirror Cams for my cars. Before I say anything else, you should know that I have no connection to this product in any way, other than as an end user. The HD camera is located under a rear view mirror that straps right over your existing mirror in your car. Other than the small rotatable camera under the new rear view mirror, you can not tell anything is on the car. The HD video starts automatically when you get in the car from motion detection. A small included SDHD card records a ten minute loop of HD video, day or night. There is an HDMI adaptor included to plug the SD card into your computer to view it. The HD Mirror cam connects via a long wire to the cigarette lighter to charge the camera battery. I hard wired my camera by running the wire under the windshield rubber and down to the relay board for power. (Note: If you do this, you must connect leads to the cigarette lighter fitting and not cut the fitting off. The plug-in fitting has an e-board inside it to convert the car's 12v to the right charging power for the HD Mirror.) And now for the best part. It's only $59.95 plus shipping at this website:

https://www.amazon.com/Official-HD-Mirror-C...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Now I have the added protection of constant video without an ugly obvious device on my front!

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:27 PM