Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for ideas for my last 914 project, Intel for my last 914 project plan to go out with a big bang
cgnj
post Mar 30 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 403
Region Association: None

Went to the farm yesterday to actually count my 914 stash.
I should be on Car hoarders. Not counting the two I have in hand,
2 73's, 1 72, 1/2 of a 70. 76 roller. I didn't even bother eyeballing the loose parts in the outbuildings.

Last year I toyed with S4 transplant. Even bought a longblock. After a give and take with rich, decided that and too much surgery. So if your considering this swap, have a S4 motor for you.

Looking for Porsche powered drive train ideas that have a chance of fitting without moving my rear suspension around. That s beyond my skill. At first I thought boxster 6 with 6 speed cable shift. found a thread where Sir Andy says too wide. Any other ideas or dreamers that have looked into this? I'm open to exploring all ideas.

I'm pretty sure I can fund this for the just with selling off my stash.

My single plenum Megasquirted 2270 is running. Well still on the stand, but alive. Fuel only at the moment, wasted spark. Didn't realize I needed a daughter board for sequential. I have two more projects in mind for this motor, then I'm done with it. I will publish a thread after I collect my notes. throw it n the mule and dyno it.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
boxsterfan
post Mar 30 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #2

914's are kewl

Member No.: 791
Region Association: Northern California

Perhaps a quality Chalon kit? Install it on your 1972 if it is a 1.7L car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
McLovin
post Mar 30 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,360
Region Association: South East States

Turbo charge a modified 2 liter. Build a 2 liter that will be very responsive to turbo charging (like maybe with a modified cam and exhaust). Then get your power through turbo rather than just adding more cylinders. Alternately, add a blower.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:32 PM