Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for ideas for my last 914 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
Went to the farm yesterday to actually count my 914 stash.
I should be on Car hoarders. Not counting the two I have in hand,
2 73's, 1 72, 1/2 of a 70. 76 roller. I didn't even bother eyeballing the loose parts in the outbuildings.

Last year I toyed with S4 transplant. Even bought a longblock. After a give and take with rich, decided that and too much surgery. So if your considering this swap, have a S4 motor for you.

Looking for Porsche powered drive train ideas that have a chance of fitting without moving my rear suspension around. That s beyond my skill. At first I thought boxster 6 with 6 speed cable shift. found a thread where Sir Andy says too wide. Any other ideas or dreamers that have looked into this? I'm open to exploring all ideas.

I'm pretty sure I can fund this for the just with selling off my stash.

My single plenum Megasquirted 2270 is running. Well still on the stand, but alive. Fuel only at the moment, wasted spark. Didn't realize I needed a daughter board for sequential. I have two more projects in mind for this motor, then I'm done with it. I will publish a thread after I collect my notes. throw it n the mule and dyno it.

boxsterfan
Perhaps a quality Chalon kit? Install it on your 1972 if it is a 1.7L car.
McLovin
Turbo charge a modified 2 liter. Build a 2 liter that will be very responsive to turbo charging (like maybe with a modified cam and exhaust). Then get your power through turbo rather than just adding more cylinders. Alternately, add a blower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.