Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front Torsion Bar Help Please, Looking For Suggestions, Keep Stock Or Upgrade?
Lucky9146
post Mar 30 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,942
Region Association: Southern California

1974 914-6 Conversion 3.0 but engine still not installed due to extenuating circumstances. So trying to do some info gathering in the mean time. Porsche P/N real metal GT flare car and very set up. A lot of work was already completed when I got the car but I know it has the original front torsion bars.

Here is what I have:

Front - Sway bar attachment points were welded to the arms then the arms, mount, steering rack and cross tube were rebuilt with new poly graphite bushings, bearing, seals. 911 SC struts, Koni adjustable shocks, turbo tie rods, new ball joints. 911 SC Brakes Padgid RS-4 pads, with stainless steel braided brake lines. Front sway bars are 22mm.

Rear - Arms were strengthened with Automotion kit. New poly-graphite bushings and bearings. Rear brakes are 914 with braided lines, 911 cross-drilled rotors with machined and hardened 914-6 half shaft adapters. Weltmeister 22mm rear sway bar.

Engine - Not currently installed as mentioned. 1979 3.0 with 39mm port heads, Carrera tensioners, Turbo valve covers. Jerry Woods distributor rebuild/ re-curve, MSD 6-AL Ignition and coil. Dual Weber 40 IDA 3C carbs. 914-6 engine oil cooler, Patrick Motorsports 914-6 oil tank, Mazda RX-7 front oil cooler, Mocal external thermostat. Rich Johnson engine conversion mount. Perry Kiehl 914-6 conversion wiring harness, MSDS 1 5/8 inch headers.

Had a thread going but shelved that when I had to stop working on the car "Finishing A 914-6 GT Conversion Project" but have not updated it in a while. Hoping to get back into the car in May and get it running. In the mean time I understand the stock torsion bar may not be good for the set up I have. Everyone loves a picture so her is one just before I stopped. Thanks Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:58 PM