Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kroon 914/6 Chassis Harness, Wanted to share
gcrotvik
post Apr 1 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I received my Kroon 914/6 harness last week. I wanted to share some pictures and a few "pearls of wisdom" I learned. They may help answer some of your questions should you decide to purchase a Kroon harness.

First off, Gerald Kroon (Kroon Wire Harnesses) makes a magnificent harness. I had an OE 6 harness several years ago (unfortunately, I sold it) and took dozens of pictures of it. I compared the pictures to the Kroon harness, the OE Porsche and the Kroon harness are almost identical in wire color, striping and wrapping. It looks like a brand new OE Porsche harness.

Core
You will need a core harness to send to Gerald Kroon. They need the core harness for specific parts, etc. I did not have an OE 914/6 harness to send but Gerald allowed me to send a 70 914/4 harness. Once they receive the harness, they will verify it has the parts they need. They will then put you in line for a build.

Deposit
Kroon did not require I send a deposit for partial payment. Gerald is old school and told me that if I took time (and money) to send him a core harness, I did not need to send a deposit.

It Will Take Time to Build
In total, it took almost 6 months to receive my new harness. Be patient. You are not their only customer and they build all harnesses to the customer's specs.

Be Specific as to What You Want
Make sure you tell Gerald exactly what you want. Most commonly, his orders are built to ROW specs. I asked for a US spec harness and that's exactly what I got.

Import Taxes/Duties
The 914/6 chassis harness was, at the time of purchase, 2560.00 euros. That's almost $2900.00 US at today's exchange rate. You will need to pay duties/import taxes on any import over $2500.00 US in value. Be prepared to get a call/email from US customs regarding the duties when it hits US Customs. They will also need your business tax id, or if you are an individual, your SSN. Once the harness hits US Customs, you only have 48 hours to get this information to them before they start charging warehousing storage charges. Don't delay.

Make Sure Gerald has the Correct Ship To Address
Once the harness is shipped, you cannot divert it to a different shipping address (I tried). Gerald shipped my harness to my home address even though I asked him to ship it to my work address. UPS requires a signature for delivery and won't release the package until you give them funds to cover the import taxes. My wife had to take time off of work to be home when UPS delivered the harness. It was a PIA.

But, overall it was worth the effort!

Greg

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:52 PM