Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fuel gauge & senders - did they change over the years?
bradtho
post Apr 1 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,165
Region Association: None

I've done some searching on here, I haven't seen anything suggesting that the fuel tank sender changed at all through the years. That leads me to believe they are all the same. Can anyone confirm that true or not?

I know the fuel gauge changed, I have 2 early ones, but would like to build a triple gauge and the threads say you need the version that has the circular connector on the back. I expect these connections are so simple that if the senders are they same you can swap, but would like to confirm that as well.

appreciate anyone who knows chiming in. thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Apr 2 2017, 07:18 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Senders are all the same. You are correct about the early and late gauges. The late ones are plug and play with changeable backs, modules and face plate.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 2 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

You don't have to have any specific gauge module. You may need to cut the backing plate to fit the mounting plate for the new gauge module, but it's basically the same opening as the others.

If need be, you can disassemble any of the gauge modules to mount them on the backing plate. The instructions say to use the one with the round connector because that's what the guy who designed the kit had on hand... (At least, that's what I remember hearing!)

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 08:32 AM