Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel gauge & senders - did they change over the years?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradtho
I've done some searching on here, I haven't seen anything suggesting that the fuel tank sender changed at all through the years. That leads me to believe they are all the same. Can anyone confirm that true or not?

I know the fuel gauge changed, I have 2 early ones, but would like to build a triple gauge and the threads say you need the version that has the circular connector on the back. I expect these connections are so simple that if the senders are they same you can swap, but would like to confirm that as well.

appreciate anyone who knows chiming in. thanks!
914Sixer
Senders are all the same. You are correct about the early and late gauges. The late ones are plug and play with changeable backs, modules and face plate.
Dave_Darling
You don't have to have any specific gauge module. You may need to cut the backing plate to fit the mounting plate for the new gauge module, but it's basically the same opening as the others.

If need be, you can disassemble any of the gauge modules to mount them on the backing plate. The instructions say to use the one with the round connector because that's what the guy who designed the kit had on hand... (At least, that's what I remember hearing!)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.