Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clutch cable and Speedo cable support, How to mount those cables
capitolatim
post Apr 17 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,841
Region Association: Northern California

Just finishing up my 2.4/4 install. I want to keep the cable off the headers and better supported. Anyone have some ideas/photos?

Cheers
Tim in Capitola

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 17 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

I wrapped my cables with a heat shield. I also held them away from the headers with adel clamps and spacers. You can easily see the heat shield wrap around the clutch cable in this pic. I also had to protect the oil lines from my external oil cooler.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
capitolatim
post Apr 17 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2017, 10:21 AM) *

I wrapped my cables with a heat shield. I also held them away from the headers with adel clamps and spacers. You can easily see the heat shield wrap around the clutch cable in this pic. I also had to protect the oil lines from my external oil cooler.

Thanks, where/how did you mount the clamps?

+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 17 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

You can see one of the clamps in the picture. Look just behind the oil filter and just to the right of the oil pan drain. There is a hole on the right side of the oil pan. I used a long bolt and spacer to hold the adel clamp. Unfortunately the other clamps can't be seen in this picture. If you want more it'll have to wait till I can get the car up on the lift again, which should be pretty soon 'cause I need to change the oil soon.
+Quote Post
capitolatim
post Apr 17 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2017, 05:00 PM) *

You can see one of the clamps in the picture. Look just behind the oil filter and just to the right of the oil pan drain. There is a hole on the right side of the oil pan. I used a long bolt and spacer to hold the adel clamp. Unfortunately the other clamps can't be seen in this picture. If you want more it'll have to wait till I can get the car up on the lift again, which should be pretty soon 'cause I need to change the oil soon.

Elliot, thanks, more photos when you have a chance. Heading your way on Thursday, over to Soda Lake to see the flowers, taking the Corvette.

Cheers
Tim
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 18 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

QUOTE(capitolatim @ Apr 17 2017, 09:00 PM) *

Elliot, thanks, more photos when you have a chance. Heading your way on Thursday, over to Soda Lake to see the flowers, taking the Corvette.

Cheers
Tim

I flew over that area (very low) Sunday afternoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Millions of flowers. All it takes is a little rain. Drive safe.
+Quote Post
capitolatim
post Apr 19 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2017, 10:56 PM) *

QUOTE(capitolatim @ Apr 17 2017, 09:00 PM) *

Cheers
Tim

I flew over that area (very low) Sunday afternoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Millions of flowers. All it takes is a little rain. Drive safe.

We didn't make, tried Pinnacles...fewer flowers than our backyard...maybe Monday?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:55 AM