Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for good 914 shop in West Los Angeles
burton73
post Apr 21 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #1

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Times have changed and I am looking for a shop that knows 914s not just a parts changer.
Thanks,

Bob B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 21 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

Bob,

I know that Otto's was a top 914/911/912 aircooled shop when John was there/owner, but have heard since he passed in 2013 that it has apparently gone to primarily new Porsches.

Otherwise, I don't know about Westside anymore, but if no one else chimes in, down in OC there are: Bill Brewster in San Clemente, AASE in Fullerton, & also Der Buggy in Garden Grove knows the T-IV engines as well & does work on some 914s I know.

BTW - Bill's shop is now going by Brewster Industries:
http://brewsterporsche.com/

If your 914 is running, on Sunday 4/30 8 am - 2+/- pm, bring yours up to College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita (near/before Tragic Mountain) for the Cal Inland Region's PCA Zone 8 Concours, as there should be some Teeners there who may know of other shops. IIRC the Display only is free, but even the entry isn't too bad, or just come up to visit in any car!

I'll be there judging, but with my blue 88 Westy & it's awning serving as the refreshments & reg./scoring booth - so look me up & say "Hi".

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
////////

+Quote Post
jor
post Apr 21 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #3

Just happy to be here.

Member No.: 17,693

Marco and Steve at TLG handle my 914, as well as those of a few others on this board. They do very good work. They are not just parts changers. Two caveats: (1) they're in North Hollywood, not on the west side; and (2) although they do very good work and are fair in their billing, they are not necessarily cheap. I've never felt overcharged.

13222 Raymer St. North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 982-7610
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 06:03 AM